Plugin Contributions

red flag PayPal wont accept credit card payment if the email address is connected to paypal

I've had a couple customers try to purchase and there seems to be a problem because, I've even tried it myself. When you enter all of the info on PayPals site. it wont accept credit card payment if the email address is connected to a paypal account.

Please post

Thanks
    Last edited by Amit001; 24 Dec 2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: formating problem

Default Re: PayPal wont accept credit card payment if the email address is connected to paypa

Paypal won't let you process a payment from yourself to yourself, I don't know why it won't work for your customers though sorry.
    Ralph Stirrat
    Nursing Uniforms

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal wont accept credit card payment if the email address is connected to paypa

If your customers have an existing Pay Pal account then they have to login to it to make the payment. If they cannot remember the email address they used and the password they assigned to their Pay Pal account then they cannot login and cannot complete the payment.

If people bought off a website a couple of years ago then it's likely that Pay Pal pushed them to quickly create a Pay Pal account by making it difficult for them to see how they could pay without creating an account.

These people then promptly forgot that they had created a Pay Pal account - but unfortunately Pay Pal doesn't forget.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

There is a small link that shows on the paypal page when this occurs, beside the button they use to log you on, it should say "continue without logging in"

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by thedjphat View Post
    There is a small link that shows on the paypal page when this occurs, beside the button they use to log you on, it should say "continue without logging in"
    But this doesn't work...

Plugin Contributions

I recently tried using PayPal Standard to process an amount for more than £1500 - it did not go through. PayPal don't advertise it but as part of their security they block payments over £1500 when a client is not logged in to a verified account. They don't advertise this 'feature'.