help question Admin>>Tools>>Email Welcome page blank

Just upgraded from 1.38a to 1.39h and am in the testing phase.

When I logged in to my admin and went to Tools/Email Welcome, I got a blank page.

So I did some checking of this file: admin/email_welcome.php

• I haven't made any changes to this file
    • WinMerge indicates 1.38a and 1.39h versions of this file are identical
    • Admin>>Tools>>Email Welcome was working fine prior to upgrade.

I know that blank pages are almost always a result of a syntax error, however nothing about the file has changed.

I've already tried over-writing the file on my server with:

• a fresh copy from the 1.39h zip file
    • a backed up copy from 1.38a

Same result.

How do I troubleshoot this issue?
    Go that extra mile, you never know what's at the end of the road

Empowerment Sanctuary

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin>>Tools>>Email Welcome page blank

Peek in the /cache directory and see what debug logs you have ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Hi Ajeh,

The debug file in the /cache folder says there's a syntax error on line 39 of includes/languages/english/custom_folder/create_account.php.

But when I use WinMerge to compare the 1.39h original file with my customized version, it says line 39 is identical in both files.

However, I did edit lines 37 and 38 quite a bit, but looking at them I don't see any syntax errors.

Below are lines 37, 38, and 39. Do you see any syntax errors?

PHP Code:
    define('EMAIL_TEXT''You are now registered with our store and have account privileges:  With your account, you can take part in the <strong>various services</strong> we have to offer. Some of these services include:' "\n\n<ul>" '<li><strong>Order History</strong> - View the details of all of your previously completed orders.' "\n\n" '<li><strong>Permanent Cart</strong> - Any products added to your cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out.' "\n\n" '<li><strong>Address Book</strong> - We can deliver your purchases to an address other than yours! This is perfect for sending gifts directly to the person you purchased them for.' "\n\n" '<li><strong>Products Reviews</strong> - Share your opinions of our products and services with others.' "\n\n</ul>");
    define('EMAIL_CONTACT''For help with any of our products or services, please <a href="mailto:[email protected]">email Customer Service</a>\n\n");
    define('
    EMAIL_GV_CLOSURE', "\n" . 'Sincerely,' . "\n\n" . STORE_OWNER . "\nStore Owner\n\n". '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">'.HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG ."</a>\n\n"); 

Empowerment Sanctuary

Plugin Contributions

Try something like this for those three lines:
    Code:
    define('EMAIL_TEXT', 'You are now registered with our store and have account privileges:  With your account, you can take part in the <strong>various services</strong> we have to offer. Some of these services include:' . "\n\n<ul>" . '<li><strong>Order History</strong> - View the details of all of your previously completed orders.' . "\n\n" . '<li><strong>Permanent Cart</strong> - Any products added to your cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out.' . "\n\n" . '<li><strong>Address Book</strong> - We can deliver your purchases to an address other than yours! This is perfect for sending gifts directly to the person you purchased them for.' . "\n\n" . '<li><strong>Products Reviews</strong> - Share your opinions of our products and services with others.' . "\n\n</ul>");
    define('EMAIL_CONTACT', 'For help with any of our products or services, please <a href="mailto:[email protected]">email Customer Service</a>' . "\n\n");
    define('EMAIL_GV_CLOSURE', "\n" . 'Sincerely,' . "\n\n" . STORE_OWNER . "\nStore Owner\n\n". '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . "</a>" . "\n\n");
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Resolved.

Changed line 38 from

PHP Code:
    define('EMAIL_CONTACT''For help with any of our products or services, please <a href="mailto:[email protected]">email Customer Service</a>\n\n"); 
    to:

PHP Code:
    define('EMAIL_CONTACT''For help with any of our products or services, please email Customer Service: <a href="mailto:' STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS '">'STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS ." </a>\n\n"); 

Empowerment Sanctuary

Thanks for your help Ajeh!

Tested both resolutions and each is equally effective :)

Have a good one :)

Empowerment Sanctuary