Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ezpages Improved Menus support

I had a feeling it was a CSS error like that, as your issue is a common symptom. One character wrong in certain places can cause CSS to ignore the entire rest of the file, and if the stylesheets are minified, the effect can continue through other stylesheets.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Glenn - I'm over here now in your support forum (just can't get away from me, huh? LOL) I've installed your mod and uploaded the images, but I have no idea about anything to do with CSS or PHP. The icons aren't showing up in the bar under my banner and there is still text there. I think I've missed a step where I have to add the URL for the image into one of the CSS or PHP files. Can you indicate which file(s), where and what I need to look for and what to replace it with? Thank you !

Plugin Contributions

From the readme that comes with the mod:
    If you want to use images for the links, name them like ezpheadxx.gif, replacing xx with the ez-page id. Add them to your /includes/templates/your_template/buttons/english/ folder.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    From the readme that comes with the mod:
    I did that and I'm still getting text links. I don't have to do anything with a CSS or PHP file????

Plugin Contributions

Nope, the mod code automatically detects files which match the links and does the substitution.
    Can I see your site to look at the setup? What filenames do you have saved, and what is the exact folder path to them?

Plugin Contributions

Nope, the mod code automatically detects files which match the links and does the substitution.
    Can I see your site to look at the setup? What filenames do you have saved, and what is the exact folder path to them?
    the link to the site i'm trying this on is: http://sparkleandshine.ca/testzencart/ (note: this is not my live site and my live site is on a whole different domain and i use this site to figure things out before i go to my live site). here is a screenshot of my ezpage id's:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	November 28 2012 10-19-02 PM.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	11543

here is a screen of the path where i'm saving the images i want to use in the header in place of text:

Name:	dir.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	11544

and here is a screen of the actual file that i'm trying to get to show up in place of the text (note: i went into - oh, i can't remember which file it was now, but the one to change the file extension of the graphic that was in the directions - i went into that file and changed the file extension to .png as i like working with this file format over .gif). I did rename my png file to a .gif extension to see if that's what was causing the problem and it still didn't work and in my screenshot you will see the .gif extension, but it is really a png file that i changed just to see if i could even get the little red X.the image file did not show up either with the gif or png extension.

Name:	gif.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	11545

Plugin Contributions

You don't save the images in /template_default/buttons/english/, you save them in (in this case) /classic/buttons/english/, or whatever custom foldername you end up using for your live site. The mod code doesn't go to /template_default/ if the image is not found in the custom template folder.

Plugin Contributions

OMG!!! That did it! Thank you so much. I've been trying to accomplish this for the last week. I'll try it on my live site tomorrow and see if it explodes or not LOL

If no one else has come up with this yet, I have a little tidbit to share back to the community. You know how you get kicked out after 15 minutes from the admin area even though you don't want to be? I found a work-around without having to use any code or mod/plugin. Just open 2 tabs in your browser and log into the zen cart admin area on both tabs. on the first tab do your work and on the second tab, go to tools/who's online. set the who's online to refresh every 30 seconds and it will trick zen cart into thinking you're stil there even if you stop doing work in the first tab you're in. This little trick has been handy for me while working through getting images up in my header and it allows me to be in my cPanel working there for more than 15 minutes. It is also handy if you get a phone call and forget you were working and you'll still be logged in when you come back. Hope this helps someone :)

Ok, the Categories Dressing is next - wish me luck :)

Plugin Contributions

Glad it's working now:)
    That is a good tip. I've seen it somewhere on the forum, and used it myself occasionally, but it is nice to let folks know, as long as they are working in a safe area with no chance of someone unauthorized coming in.

Plugin Contributions

Glad it's working now:)
    That is a good tip. I've seen it somewhere on the forum, and used it myself occasionally, but it is nice to let folks know, as long as they are working in a safe area with no chance of someone unauthorized coming in.
    Hi Glenn :) Is there somewhere in the code that I can tweak it so that my images in the header center in the page? right now they're aligned to the left.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast