Plugin Contributions

Default Adding a video for an additional image?

I had been contemplating the idea of including a video of how a product is working in my deescription, but i am not sure if it is feasible.

Let's backtrack. Most of my products are scripts for Paintshop Pro, which are automated sequences of commands to create something new. A handful of customers commented that the description in words, however detailed, is rarely the same as seeing the scripts "in action" so to speak. And honestly, that is what makes my scripts stand out from other scripts in the PSP world: they do much much more than just let a user choose colors. So i would love to show how the script will do some complex tasks. I know i can make videos (i do that all the time).

So the question is: can i insert a video as an additional image or somewhere in the description for the user to view IF they want to?

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding a video for an additional image?

Quote Originally Posted by CaroleAs View Post
    I had been contemplating the idea of including a video of how a product is working in my deescription, but i am not sure if it is feasible.

Let's backtrack. Most of my products are scripts for Paintshop Pro, which are automated sequences of commands to create something new. A handful of customers commented that the description in words, however detailed, is rarely the same as seeing the scripts "in action" so to speak. And honestly, that is what makes my scripts stand out from other scripts in the PSP world: they do much much more than just let a user choose colors. So i would love to show how the script will do some complex tasks. I know i can make videos (i do that all the time).

So the question is: can i insert a video as an additional image or somewhere in the description for the user to view IF they want to?

Thank you
    There are many platforms for uploading your videos and grabbing a code to embed in your product descriptions... http://vimeo.com/, YouTube etc. are just a few.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

I know how to host and such. My question is whether it can be added as an additional image. Since the text of the description wraps around the product preview, i find that just adding the video in a separate paragraph looks a little messy, which is why i am looking at making it like an additional image.

Plugin Contributions

That would be a challenge as the expected additional image format is an image. You can add html to your product description to affect a proper layout using a <br clear='all'> for example.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.