Plugin Contributions

Default cleaning old files on 1.3.9h -> strange error

Hello,

After upgrading my ZenCart to 1.3.9h, I noticed in the docs that some files where removed from the latest release, but where still on my server - from previous installation. I started to remove those obsolete files, and after a while - not sure which files I removed so far - I can't access to the admin and get the following error :

[30-Dec-2010 00:29:29] PHP Warning: require(includes/init_includes/init_canonical.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/a.(removed by me).fb6261/users/ilot20/web/includes/autoload_func.php on line 48
    [30-Dec-2010 00:29:29] PHP Warning: require(includes/init_includes/init_canonical.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/a...fb6261/users/ilot20/web/includes/autoload_func.php on line 48
    [30-Dec-2010 00:29:29] PHP Fatal error: require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'includes/init_includes/init_canonical.php' (include_path='.:/opt/php/lib/php') in /home/www/a...fb6261/users/ilot20/web/includes/autoload_func.php on line 48
    OK, not such a problem, I go the that folder includes/init_includes and see, surprisingly, that the init_canonical.php is already there! I re-uploaded it, but no change, I always get the same error!

How can the file be present on the server, but still its absence lead to that error ?

Thanks,

sanji

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: cleaning old files on 1.3.9h -> strange error

Quote Originally Posted by sanji View Post
    OK, not such a problem, I go the that folder includes/init_includes and see, surprisingly, that the init_canonical.php is already there! I re-uploaded it, but no change, I always get the same error!

How can the file be present on the server, but still its absence lead to that error ?

Thanks,

sanji
    It can't. (however with some systems this same error message is reported if there is a permissions problem and the files is unreadable rather than being absent)

Anyway, if we assume that the permissions are not a problem, then this error usually means there is something amiss with your environment variables..

" includes/init_includes/" is a *relative* path to the document root, so if your document root is set incorrectly then this is the error you will receive.. IOW, *you* are looking (and finding) this file in one place, but the server is looking elsewhere.

Happy hunting :)

Cheers
    rod

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: cleaning old files on 1.3.9h -> strange error

Thanks, this will allow me to search in a more specific direction... or just give up and reupload the files that could cause this issue ;)