Hi All,

I'm on a fact finding mission for our company. We are NOT looking for a retail shopping cart but a shopping cart-like ability.

We are a wholesaler of printed t-shirts and would like to have our Sales Rep "order" shirts on-line as well as show the potential store buyer what they are getting (right now our sales reps use a constantly changing printed catalog and an Excel sheet to place orders. Mistakes are constantly being made)

Here are the overview steps we would like it to do:

1) Sales Rep (with or without buyer) goes to the web page and is presented with, say, 4 shirt styles (Short Sleeve, Long Sleeve, etc) - Clicks on one and is present with, say, 10 different colors of that shirt style.
2) Sales Rep clicks on one of the colors and a list of designs for that color pops up
3) Design is selected and the Sales Rep enters in the amount FOR EACH SIZE -OR- (ideally) A total OVERALL order quantity and then enters in the "scale" for the sizes.
(Example: 600 shirts are wanted on a S-M-L-XL range, broken out to a ratio of 1-2-2-1 (1 small, 2 medium, 2 large, 1 xl ratio) so the order ends up 100 Smalls, 200 Medium, 200 Large, and 100 XL - but the Sales Rep only entered in 600 and a 1 for Small 2 for Medium etc.)
The wish of #3 would be NOT TO ADD to Cart for EACH size but to ADD TO CART once for each design (with the order quantity submitted and calculated)

The "scale" is not consistent - The Sales Reps can, for example, sell to one customer 1-2-2-1 while another customer 2-2-5 (no XL) or even 2-2-4-4-2 (throwing in an XS).

4) Sales Rep would have the option to adjust the wholesale unit price from the base wholesale price (for volume, first buy trial price, etc.) - (This could probably be done using the coupon system or some code)

5) Checking out, the Sales Rep would enter information such as Retail Price (we produce the price tickets as well), Buyer's Name, if Samples are required, etc.

6) Sales Rep submits the order.

7) The order submitted would need to be in a format that could be converted into our system (Excel or a Text File or a way to convert to those types)

We are not looking for an "Order Management" system. We need something for the Sales Reps to submit their orders as painlessly (and accurately) as possible.

My boss (the owner) is looking at having "in-house" programmers (i.e. me) take a stab at this but, although I know my way around the computer, I would prefer to not re-invent the wheel if all we have to do is some slight modifications to something that already exists (or find out how much it would cost to have Zen Cart modify and maintain).

Let me know if Zen Cart is able to accomplish our above needs (either out of the box or with slight custom modifications).

Thank you for your time,

Dana