Plugin Contributions

red flag Admin is not functioning

Hello all-

I've been busily plugging away at zen cart for a few weeks now and have been managing but now I have what seems like a huge problem with my admin function. I installed the Newsletter-Only add-on for 1.3.9.

After I installed I went back to the admin pull down menus and clicked on some of the options, but nothing is showing. All the settings are gone from the list. All of the options for featured items, specials, etc are no longer functioning etc. If I had to guess, and I'm not that familiar with this, it looks like one of the uploaded files changed the location of my admin settings. Does anyone know how to fix this? I can't figure out how to uninstall this program either and I have been searching for an answer for almost 3 days.

I have removed all the files for the add-on and uploaded the back up files that were overwritten but that did not fix the admin. The site is working just fine.

Can someone help me? Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin is not functioning

In addition to the above here is some information that might be pertinent:

Modifications were made to the following core files:
    admin/index.php
    admin/customers.php
    includes/functions/function_email.php
    includes/functions/audience.php
    includes/modules/pages/account_edit/header_php.php
    includes/modules/pages/account_newsletters/header_php.php
    includes/modules/pages/unsubscribe/header_php.php

After the upload I went to Customers tab and clicked on 'Subscription Manager'. I got a warning at the top that the contribution has not been installed. Instructions said to install in order to update the tables and sql queries.

The instructions then said: Under 'Tools -> Layout Boxes Controller' you'll find the sidebox, which you
    can arrange just as you would any sidebox. (This is when I realized there were no options or settings anymore. I click on a menu pull down item and there is nothing there.

It does say:
    Boxes Path: /home/forthe14/public_html/includes/modules/ ...

I'm not sure if this was the previous path.

I'm desperate. I already uploaded a ton of products to my site and made so many changes via the admin screen.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin is not functioning

Quote Originally Posted by kodybear70000 View Post
    After the upload I went to Customers tab and clicked on 'Subscription Manager'. I got a warning at the top that the contribution has not been installed. Instructions said to install in order to update the tables and sql queries.
    From the read me txt that came with it, it does say you will see that. It also goes on to say to click on the install button. Did you do that?

As the king of miss placing files and telling myself "I did it correctly" I can speak with experience. Any files you upload should be with a ftp program. Like filezilla. Comparing files, folders and even the whole site you should be using a program like winmerge. Of course there are others, but these 2 are some that are recommended. NEVER load file with your cp panel.
    Wishing I was Zenned !
    It's amazing what happens when I put the files in the right folders !!!