Plugin Contributions

Default Relocating and Resizing Divs

Version 1.3.9.
    I am trying in vain to relocated and resize many elements as spacing for things such as productAttibutes is excessive. Is this built into the template and therefore can not be modified?

I am happy with the features of Zencart as I've used aspdot net cart and ClickCartPro in the past and I find Zencart to be really flexible except when it comes to modifying the layout box sizes and position.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
    Fred McCaughey

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Relocating and Resizing Divs

Try exploring your site with Firefox + the Firebug extension. I will reveal much and let you experiment with your css.

Plugin Contributions

I use firebug all the time. I've done many sites and used css rather than tables when appropriate. I don't see the logic in the way Zencart laid out the stylesheet. I've even tried to overide certain items by adding things at the bottom of the stylesheet such as #productAttributes
    {
    height: 50px;
    }

Thank you for your willingness to help. It is much appreciated. I like Zencart but find no logic to the way you need to make changes in the overall layout. I've got Zencart on five sites now. I guess its time for me to bite the bullet and develop my own templates.

Thanks again,
    Fred McCaughey

Plugin Contributions

Part of the problem, I think, is that your template designer has placed the Add To Cart box inside the productAttributes div, which makes it difficult to move them relative to each other.

Try switching back to the Classic template temporarily and see if your Firebug work pays off there, or replace your template's tpl_product_info_display.php file with the one from the Classic folder and try again.

Oops. First, understand that Zencart loads all stylesheet files that begin with style and have the .css extension in the current template's css folder. You have three sheets fighting each other, which may be why your changes aren't happening. Remove or rename two of them.
    Last edited by stevesh; 9 Jan 2011 at 02:49 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. It was loading old stylesheets. Once I removed them the problem was solved.
    Regards,
    Fred McCaughey