Plugin Contributions

Default Cannot access Paypal Website Payments Standard IPN Module through Admin

When I access Admin-->Modules-->Payment, the status of the Paypal Website Payments Standard - IPN Module is "Processing" rather than "Default". When I select this module, I get an error message "Not Acceptable. An appropriate representation of the requested resource /Admin/modules.php could not be found on this server." I can process payments currently with no problems.

However, I would like to uninstall the re-install the module as a means of correcting it but since I cant access it, I cant do it through Admin.

Can someone advise as to how to do this through cPanel instead?

Also, I need to upgrade from 1.3.9d to 1.3.9h. Should I upgrade first and then uninstall or does it matter?

Many thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cannot access Paypal Website Payments Standard IPN Module through Admin

look to see if you have /Admin/modules.php
    Or re-upload from a distribution
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cannot access Paypal Website Payments Standard IPN Module through Admin

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have that file, modules.php. What do I do with it?

Sorry but I dont understand what you mean by re-uploading from a distribution?

Plugin Contributions

Is it located at /Admin/modules.php ?
    Is it a "0" byte size?

A distribution is an expanded set of ZenCart files of the version you are using
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Yes it is located at Admin/modules.php but it is 17.61KB in size.

Plugin Contributions

Hi again.

I have a second reason for needing to uninstall the Paypal module but I dont know if both issues are related or not.

My customers get a similar error message when they try to return to my site following a purchase. They cannot return as a result.

When I quizzed Paypal about the non-return to my site, they indicated that my return URL was:

https://www.snugbabyshop.co.uk/index...referer=paypal

whereas, in fact I have actually set it to the following:

https://www.snugbabyshop.co.uk/index...eckout_process

My URL works and theirs gives that error message. When questioned, they indicated that "PayPal is not adding the additional characters to your return URL. This URL is a dynamically created URL that is being sent from your software to PayPal. The presence of this URL will override the URL that you have set up in your PayPal account."

If I could get advice on how to uninstall via cPanel, maybe it would solve both issues? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am using v1.3.9d and plan to upgrade to h. once this issue is sorted.

Plugin Contributions

It can not be done from cpanel

As it appears that you have altered some files supporting this I would suggest that you replace them with correct default files from a fresh distribution of your version
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Do you mean to re-upload /Admin/modules.php in order to replace the current file? Can you suggest how I would find the other relevant files?

Just for extra info, I get this error message when I click on all of the Paypal modules within Admin/modules. However when I click on the other modules e.g. Authorize.net, I do get the textbox to the right.

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Since I need to upgrade anyway, should I go ahead and should it solve my problem?