Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag How do I Export the Newsletter Subscriber List?

How do I generate a list of all my customers and/or newsletter subscribers?

I can see them in the html newsletter editor, but I want a list of them independently of zen cart (to integrate other client management systems that I use for my business) - and I especially need all of their email addresses.

Where does Zen-Cart store this information on my server and how do I locate it?

Please help!!! THANK YOU!!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I Export the Newsletter Subscriber List?

You will need to look in the customers table of the database.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much for your reply. Do you know how I can access the database? Should I use an FTP client? Or can I do it through the Zen Cart interface?

I want to export everyone on that customer table.

Plugin Contributions

Neither.

You can access them manually by browsing your customer table using a browser-based database tool such as phpMyAdmin or one of the free GUI tools such as Emma for Linux, Sequel Pro for Mac or HeidiSQL for Windows.

If you want to extract the customer data for use elsewhere you could export it using one of these tools, but if it's going to be a regular thing, you would probably want a developer to write a program that pushes or pulls the data between the databases used by each of your systems.

If this sounds like it's getting a bit technical, that would be because it is, and there's no avoiding it. Creating interoperability between systems requires some technical knowledge of both the systems and the environment in which they operate.

As you're still at the wondering how you can access your database stage, I'm afraid that you may find this a little too much for now, and may need to consider getting some local technical assistance.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

If you just want the customers email and first and last name, this add-on is great. It doesn't show addresses or anything though.

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...products_id=80

Plugin Contributions

So, I've installed the Export MOd... but I'm not seeing where it's accessible.

???

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by luvstoxstitch View Post
    If you just want the customers email and first and last name, this add-on is great. It doesn't show addresses or anything though.

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...products_id=80
    This problem and question is being asked in two separate threads. This one and here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171110

Does anyone have this add on working and can explain how it works? I've added it also, but now what???

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: How do I Export the Newsletter Subscriber List?

It's under Tools - Export Email...

Choose the type of export you want, CSV, etc. and if you've put the check mark in the 'save to directory' - when you click on 'Save' - it exports the file there.

The filename is 'email_addresses'

Worked just fine with a direct install for me in the last 10 minutes. I did change the download directory to a common one for all my up/downloads.

I'll be looking at adding the HTML/text switch for the download... as soon as I understand digital watches.

I'll be trying to use this with PHPList, since our server is limited to sending 400 emails per hour. *gag* Can't wait to get big enough for a dedicated server!

Have fun.

Plugin Contributions

I realize this is an older thread, but I have followed the installation instructions and nothing shows up under Tools, the same problem many other people have had. Does this module work and if so how do I get it working? If it doesn't work, is there another module that will export email addresses? Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by growliesgirl View Post
    Does this module work and if so how do I get it working? If it doesn't work, is there another module that will export email addresses?
    Yes it works. I used it yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by growliesgirl View Post
    I realize this is an older thread, but I have followed the installation instructions and nothing shows up under Tools, the same problem many other people have had.
    That usually means you're using a version of the plugin that was designed for a different version of Zen Cart, or your installation steps weren't correct - I'd copy and paste them from the readme file, but you already have them.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast