Plugin Contributions

Default Help! On Windows server need folder Permissions settings

Help - I am still trying to install Zen-cart and have been at this for over 1 week - I am on a windows based server and need to set permissions on my folders for read, write and execute - I have re-set the IIS settings on the control panel and need to changed the folders so I can update the configure.php file. Can anyone tell me what the commands are for each level?

Thank you.

Cathy Hanck

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help! On Windows server need folder Permissions settings

you need to do that through the control panel on your server. in some cases, you need to call in and ask your tech support for help. I deal with this every time in some fashion or another on my IIS server...upgrading...etc.

Plugin Contributions

ALSO...you can't be file specific....you have to make the whole folder writable, like admin/includes folder all writable and you have to let it set the same permissions for all of the folders inside as well.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cahanck View Post
    Help - I am still trying to install Zen-cart and have been at this for over 1 week - I am on a windows based server and need to set permissions on my folders for read, write and execute - I have re-set the IIS settings on the control panel and need to changed the folders so I can update the configure.php file. Can anyone tell me what the commands are for each level?

Thank you.

Cathy Hanck
    So... how are you getting access to your server? Do you actually have access to the files/folder, or are you using a control panel app from your hosting company? What account are you trying to add to the permissions list?

FWIW, I'm a Windows guy - but my ZC is with a hosting company that is Linux/Apache - seems counterintuituve to try to do Zen on Windows...

Plugin Contributions

Dear all: I have been accessing the folders from the control panel on the hosting company log in on the web. I have changed the IIS folders to read : file write access (ASP code can write files). I did this for each folder: zencart; my new admin folder (named something else); includes folder
    In the includes folder is the configure.php file - I am not able to see anything to the file level only the folder level.
    Then I accessed the folder - downloaded the configure.php file, edited it with the new admin folder name (as the install instructions detail)
    tried to delete the old configure.php and upload the new configure.php file
    The system will not allow me to delete or over write the configure.php file. So here I am stuck. I have no idea what to do next. I sent a email to the hosting company and they are not responding because they feel like at this point I am asking for technical support and want to charge me. I feel that their system is at fault and they should do something about it. What do you think?

Best regards,

Cathy

Plugin Contributions

So it sounds like I did not choose the right hosting company - Is that correct?

Plugin Contributions

My hosting company is IIS and does not charge for tech support and yours shouldn't in this case. If they support zencart and you have mysql i would think they would be practiced in helping with folder permissions. I went through the same thing...but my hosting company is worth it. I only pay $16.95 a month for my site and have been with them for ten years with no other funny business.

Get them on the phone....email isn't the way.