Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal Ecpress Checkout requiring an account

Ok, so I guess I put off upgrading my 1.3.8 site (mistkits.com) just a day too late. My host upgraded to PHP 5.2.9 which ultimately broke my entire site. I know, I know...I should have upgraded earlier but to be honest, I worked for months to get the cart to look and act as I wanted, to say nothing about the few years adding pages and tweaking tiny things. I admit, I was a bit intimidated to upgrade because the site just WORKED and I can't afford downtime!

Anyway. I had (luckily) started a brand new site (mistmistingsystem.com)(1.3.9) just a month before the crash so I am now diverting all traffic to the new site. I set up the new site using all the settings from my original 1.3.8 site. Unfortunately, my brand is not as recognizable on the new site so business has dropped of considerably. I have not made the new site look exactly like the old because I wanted it to be a "new" standalone site and now feel the time to tweak it to look like the old would be better spent recreating my original website.

Now to the problem...My new cart (mistmistingsystem.com) is using the exact settings for paypal express checkout as my original did (mistkits.com). The new 1.3.9 site works flawlessly and did even when the old, original site (mistkits) was running. Now, however, the website I am trying to resurrect (mistkits) just will not act right. When a purchase is made, paypal only gives the option to create an account. There is no way to simply use a credit card to process the payment like I had originally. The new site (mistmistingsystem) works as it should and gives the customer the option to just move ahead and pay without creating an account.

Both these carts are using the exact same Paypal account and all settings in the admin are exactly the same for both. As I said before. Before the crash, both carts worked flawlessly.

I have uninstalled/installed the express module numerous times to see if that would work...nope.

Any ideas?

P.S. I have not upgraded either cart to the newest version of Zen yet because I need at least one of these to work correctly. One is 1.3.9a (mistkits) and the other is 1.3.9.f. Would the version number make a difference with the module?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Ecpress Checkout requiring an account

THe 1.3.9h files include several Paypal-related files, but I don't know if the older versions would cause that problem.

I would take the little bit of time to upgrade the 1.3.9f site and see if the issue is fixed.