Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email issues NEED HELP Please

Quote Originally Posted by 011399 View Post
    Ok Im going to give it a try. may take 45 minutes for it to come through ...UGHHHH

while im waiting to see if it made a difference can you tell me if I needed to do anything with the cookies in admin ?

nope those looked ok, like mine so i wouldn't touch them

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    nope those looked ok, like mine so i wouldn't touch them
    Ok made the changes as you suggested. still very slow. what do you think it could be thats making it so slow ?

Plugin Contributions

I can't get any e-mails from my site either. I have followed all the suggestions above and nothing makes a difference.

I called go-daddy and they checked and said nothing on their end is amiss.

Followed a zen-cart tutorial for set up and tried all the different transport methods one at a time.

This is a brand new install (simply kerin and latest zencart - 1-wk) and the site is not in fact 'live' yet, would that make a difference?
    I asked go-daddy and they didn't have that answer. (Well actually they said, "Take it live, send e-mails and then turn the site back off." Personally I think they should just know the answer to that question, but hey...what do I know...

Anybody out there got anything????

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by 011399 View Post
    Ok made the changes as you suggested. still very slow. what do you think it could be thats making it so slow ?
    I have no clue, would think that is the host or server or maybe even weather. Did your emails work though---and not take forever to show up in your inbox?

I can't get any e-mails from my site either. I have followed all the suggestions above and nothing makes a difference.

I called go-daddy and they checked and said nothing on their end is amiss.

Followed a zen-cart tutorial for set up and tried all the different transport methods one at a time.

This is a brand new install (simply kerin and latest zencart - 1-wk) and the site is not in fact 'live' yet, would that make a difference?
    I asked go-daddy and they didn't have that answer. (Well actually they said, "Take it live, send e-mails and then turn the site back off." Personally I think they should just know the answer to that question, but hey...what do I know...

Anybody out there got anything????

Thanks!
    have you tried sending an email from your email program to the store email address you have written in there? just to see how long it takes for it to get to you.

have you checked your c-panels to see if they have a quota and it is full? [doubt this one is the problem but one never knows]

check your email settings again just to make sure:

php/LF
    sendmail/LF

this might help a bit too:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Email_Problems

also check admin/version to see if you are windows or linux servers to choose either LF or CRLF

Plugin Contributions

Argh.........

Just got off the phone with go-daddy, AGAIN...

They suggested I post the error message I am now getting when sending emails out to see what all you fine folk had to say about this.

ERROR: Failed sending email to: xxxxxx with subject: xxxxxx:.
    The following From address failed: xxxxx atgmail.com

Go-daddy had me use the following and said from their perspective I should be set up this way:

E-mail Transport Method: smtp
    SMTP Email Acct Mailbox: [email protected] (my domain name)
    SMTP Email Host: relay-hosting.secureserver.net
    SMTP Email Server Port 25

I still can't send emails!

DarkAngel: how do I do this?
    (also check admin/version to see if you are windows or linux servers to choose either LF or CRLF)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davidrayandj View Post
    Argh.........

Just got off the phone with go-daddy, AGAIN...

They suggested I post the error message I am now getting when sending emails out to see what all you fine folk had to say about this.

ERROR: Failed sending email to: xxxxxx with subject: xxxxxx:.
    The following From address failed: xxxxx atgmail.com

Go-daddy had me use the following and said from their perspective I should be set up this way:

I still can't send emails!

DarkAngel: how do I do this?
    (also check admin/version to see if you are windows or linux servers to choose either LF or CRLF)
    bluehost at times can be dense too...but godaddy I hear is just plain obnoxious when it comes to help...they act like they don't care.

now I seem to remember in the link I posted that the emails should be like mine [email protected] ---substituting whatever as support, store, info something like that

then make sure you have that created at your email options at godaddy c-panel for it to be active.

I know that I have mine set up like that...an email especially for the store and have it set to forward the emails to my "normal" email addy---also set at your host c-panel

you go to your admin section and right above the navigation menu---right hand corner---under the version number is a "version" link. click it and it will list the server info for your store...windows based servers need tender loving care...not as feisty as linux...lol

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    bluehost at times can be dense too...but godaddy I hear is just plain obnoxious when it comes to help...they act like they don't care.

now I seem to remember in the link I posted that the emails should be like mine [email protected] ---substituting whatever as support, store, info something like that

then make sure you have that created at your email options at godaddy c-panel for it to be active.

I know that I have mine set up like that...an email especially for the store and have it set to forward the emails to my "normal" email addy---also set at your host c-panel

you go to your admin section and right above the navigation menu---right hand corner---under the version number is a "version" link. click it and it will list the server info for your store...windows based servers need tender loving care...not as feisty as linux...lol
    Im on Linux. Turns out my other zen cart also hosted with godaddy has an enormous wait time on emails I send from admin and through tell a friend as well.
    I guess I will just wait for godaddy to fix their servers
    Dont know why they just cant say they are having issues rather than my punching the keys for nearly 11 hours yesterday.

Plugin Contributions

well, well, well....

Guess who is getting their emails to work now...um...ME

Out of sheer stubborness I continued to send emails out (not changing anything from yesterday) and low and behold about an hour after I kicked the puter, said a few choice words they suddenly started appearing in their intended email accts.

BUT just the ones I sent today. The past two days worth have gone off into space and never arrived...strange

I have yet to see G-mail addressed emails arrive yet so the problem may not be truly over but I am going to try and be patient for a little longer.

So could this as someone just mentioned be a GO-DADDY issue instead of a operator malfunction? I too lost the entire day to dealing with this (including 2 calls to go-daddy where they insisted I must have a zen cart problem and keep looking for it) when all along they were hung up in their server???

Argh....I just don't know how you all have maintained your sanity this long...I will soon be hairless at this rate ...

Thanks for all that helped with suggestions!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email issues with GODADDY hosting

Cart has been working fine - no upgrades or changes. Then suddenly no email.......just stops working. Hosting is with GoDaddy.

So I finally found this thread and saw to use these settings - and they worked!!!!

For the first time my error reporting in zencart said email sent!!!!

Now I just have to wait for GoDaddy servers to send the email so that I know this is truly working again...........so very slow!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12