Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default E-Mail Templates

I'm trying to write a module that uses email templates in the /email/ directory. While the HTML version the email sends OK, the plain text version seems to send along the CSS coding. Other than making a CSS file and remote referencing to my site, which will likely be blocked by most email programs anyway, does anyone have and idea of how to stop having the CSS code appear?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: E-Mail Templates

I don't think you are supposed to include any CSS in a text email, that's why it's a text email. So you will need two email templates.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

But CSS is included in the default (installed) HTML files in the same directory. So it's included as well but works fine with those templates unless I'm doing something wrong.

Plugin Contributions

The templates in your /email directory are used for sending HTML emails only. Text-based email is built by whatever PHP file you're using to create the communication.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    The templates in your /email directory are used for sending HTML emails only. Text-based email is built by whatever PHP file you're using to create the communication.
    Aha... I was going to assume that next. So I guess at the send time, I would have to check for the customers email option choice?

Plugin Contributions

Take a look at /includes/modules/create_account.php, which contains code to send the customer a welcome e-mail when they create an account. This uses the template file /email/email_template_welcome.html if the customer has indicated that s/he wants HTML-formatted e-mail.

Towards the end of the PHP file is where the message is built, starting with the comment "// build the message content". You'll see that a text message string is built as well as the content required for the HTML template, followed by a call to zen_mail (in /includes/functions/functions_email.php) which determines whether to send TEXT or HTML based on the customer's preference in your database.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Take a look at /includes/modules/create_account.php, which contains code to send the customer a welcome e-mail when they create an account. This uses the template file /email/email_template_welcome.html if the customer has indicated that s/he wants HTML-formatted e-mail.

Towards the end of the PHP file is where the message is built, starting with the comment "// build the message content". You'll see that a text message string is built as well as the content required for the HTML template, followed by a call to zen_mail (in /includes/functions/functions_email.php) which determines whether to send TEXT or HTML based on the customer's preference in your database.
    This works perfectly for what I was needing to do. Thanks.;

Plugin Contributions

This was very helpful to me...been working with zen_mail and was confused as to why when I sent test mail to two different addresses, the mail was not the same.

The test account email was set to HTML and the admin email was text only. I was missing the code that put the $email_text content into the EMAIL_MESSAGE_HTML array element!

Thanks
    Experience is what you get when you don’t get what you want…

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by retched View Post
    This works perfectly for what I was needing to do. Thanks.;
    Hi retched,

When your email-template be come available? I can't wait...

Can you help with my current issue on Create account welcome email? Image and link not show up. I don't what's wrong with the codes.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...16&postcount=5

Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hara View Post
    Hi retched,

When your email-template be come available? I can't wait...

Can you help with my current issue on Create account welcome email? Image and link not show up. I don't what's wrong with the codes.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...16&postcount=5

Thanks in advance!
    Oh this was in regards to the SnapAffiliates module emails... they were sent out kind of... half-assedly, so now I have to rewrite that portion of code. I'll be glad to help with your problem though on that topic page.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast