Plugin Contributions

Default Having Problems with First Data

Hey guys, I followed this tutorial here:

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=298

I made sure to follow all of the prereq's:

- Talked to Host Gator and they said TCP Port 1129 was open

- PEM key is uploaded (what is weird is I had to rename it to just the store number for the zc_admin panel to recognize it)

- I bought an SSL cert through host gator, ran diagnostics using www.digicert.com and everything checks out

- cURL is setup by default

----------------------

This is my problem, when I test the module in testing or production modes I get:

We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are presently unable to contact the Credit Card company for authorization. Please contact the Store Owner for payment alternatives.
    what could be the problem?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Having Problems with First Data

Quote Originally Posted by Eratosthenes View Post
    Hey guys, I followed this tutorial here:

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=298

I made sure to follow all of the prereq's:

- Talked to Host Gator and they said TCP Port 1129 was open

- PEM key is uploaded (what is weird is I had to rename it to just the store number for the zc_admin panel to recognize it)

- I bought an SSL cert through host gator, ran diagnostics using www.digicert.com and everything checks out

- cURL is setup by default

----------------------

This is my problem, when I test the module in testing or production modes I get:

what could be the problem?
    You probably have to find out what IP address the server connects to first data from, and then have first data open up their firewall for that IP address (it may not be the IP address of your website, depending on how server configuration is set up) - I had same problem with a related company (I think they were owned by first data), despite being assured many times by their so-called tech support that my store should work with their gateway, and gave up in frustration, cancelled my account with them (and of course, got hit with the *massive* early cancellation fee!) and went with another company.

Plugin Contributions

thank you for the advice

do you think it possibly has something to do with TCP Port 1129 only being open for outbound?... apparently Host Gator won't do it bidirectionally on my reseller account... only on VPS and dedicated servers

I highly doubt everyone with zen cart/first data module has a VPS/dedicated server though right?

host gator tech tried for about an hour of troubleshooting, now he is submitting a ticket to an administrator

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Eratosthenes View Post
    thank you for the advice

do you think it possibly has something to do with TCP Port 1129 only being open for outbound?... apparently Host Gator won't do it bidirectionally on my reseller account... only on VPS and dedicated servers

I highly doubt everyone with zen cart/first data module has a VPS/dedicated server though right?

host gator tech tried for about an hour of troubleshooting, now he is submitting a ticket to an administrator
    depends on how first data's api works - im not familiar with it - if they need to be able to ping back or connect on that port to from them, to you, then yes the port only being outbound will be a problem.

I run my own dedicated linux machine, so I can do pretty much whatever I want with it , and opening ports/ firewall is something I do myself.. not too familiar with hostgator, never hosted with them, but heard of them often enough - I used to work for their competition, and we'd always be getting new clients moving to us after some bad experience or the other with hostgator, among other hosting companies like that (client needs something unusual , like you, and tech support at wherever could not, or would not do what was needed.. )

even though I no longer work there (I'm self-employed now) , I'd still recommend colo-cation.com if you need something more than your everyday, generic production virtual hosting account.

Plugin Contributions

well I already have 2 servers I plan on collocating in the next few months so ports won't be an issue

I checked out that site you mentioned and this is their collocation page:

We're currently making changes to our hosting products and have temporarily discontinued our colocation products.
    We apologize for the inconvenience.
    I will probably end up using http://www.colounlimited.com/ but do you know of any simple CC payment modules I can setup until then?