Plugin Contributions

Default Multiple Categories Link Manager-Sorted

Community support thread

This mod has enhancements to admin/products_to_categories.php for better category link management (probably most useful for people using the Product Finder Multiple Category drop-downs:http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...ory-drop-downs).

This mod:
    1. Lists all available categories that a product can be linked into, in alphabetical order, whether they are empty or not.
    2. Provides a drop-down filter for the available category listing.
    3. Provides a new global command to copy all the linked categories from one product to another.

This mod is now available in the downloads:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1228

regards
    Steve

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multiple Categories Link Manager-Sorted

This looks like something I might like.... I was reading the instructions, and have a couple of questions... (sorry for the basic-ness of the questions)

1. I assume there there is a step by step method you need to do in order to link the products, can you explain what you need to do for each one?

2. what items are changed in the products_to_categories.php file incase we need to merge the two.

3. what other mods would affect the products_to_categories.php file, meaning why would it have been changed before.

Thanks for your help. Can't wait to try this mod!!!!!!!
    Forums are for helping people!! if you don't want to help people then shut up and get off the forum!

Plugin Contributions

1. I assume there there is a step by step method you need to do in order to link the products, can you explain what you need to do for each one?
    This mod is not a different method for product linking but a way to manage better products that have (or need) a large amount of links to other categories. Just try it out to display what you have already linked, the install is simple.

2. what items are changed in the products_to_categories.php file incase we need to merge the two.
    Loads of things, this is a seriously modded file. Just use Beyond Compare to compare your modded file to the original, then merge those differences into this mod.

3. what other mods would affect the products_to_categories.php file, meaning why would it have been changed before.
    None that I am aware of, but I have few admin mods. Other zenners would know better.

Plugin Contributions

For anyone using this mod for managing lots of products and linking here is another tool which will probably be useful:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...py-Move-Delete
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Will this mod work on v1.5.1? with Product Finder Multiple Category drop down?

Plugin Contributions

>Will this mod work on v1.5.1?
    I am using it on 1.5.1 and I don't think I had to do anything extra.

>with Product Finder Multiple Category drop down?
    It does not work with it in any way, this mod is admin, the other is shop front. No connection.

However I know what you mean...if you are going to use Product Finder Multiple Category drop down, this mod makes the management a whole lot easier. Product Finder Multiple Category drop down is still valid.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

I have a versión of this available for 1.54 if anyone wants to try it out.
    Only changes are fixing the table errors in the html and a floating submit button to avoid having to scroll down the hundreds of categories.
    Steve

Plugin Contributions

I finally have this merge-from-hell working for 156/157.
    The plan is to get in into 157 core, but in the meantime if anyone wants it, pm me.
    Steve

Plugin Contributions

Steve

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart 157: The functionality of this mod is now included in the core file of products_to_categories.
    Steve