Default Can I use the PayPal Sandbox with PayPal Standard IPN?

Hello Folks:

I have successfully used the PayPal sandbox with my test e-store with the Zencart PayPal Express payment module. But, as I take credit cards as my site, I would prefer not to use the Express module, due to the prominent (and contractually required) placement of the PayPal checkout buttons. The PayPal Standard module is better in this regard.

Is it possible to use the sandbox for test transactions when using the Zencart PayPal Standard IPN payment module?

I have set all the payment module fields according to the sandbox business account settings (and setup it accordingly.) But when I enter the sandbox personal PayPal account e-mail address and password at the PayPal payment/login site, it does not work. I suspect because the Zencart PayPal Standard Payment does not have a debug setting like Express, to direct to the sandbox PayPal site.

Is this correct? Must one use real transactions to test the PayPal Standard payment module?

Thanks,

Dan Pronovost

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can you use the PayPal Sandbox with PayPal Standard IPN?

Quote Originally Posted by deepnet View Post
    as I take credit cards as my site, I would prefer not to use the Express module, due to the prominent (and contractually required) placement of the PayPal checkout buttons.
    If you are using the latest version of Zen Cart, you can turn off those PayPal checkout buttons by selecting the option in your store admin

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.