Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Group Discounts affecting tax calculations

Ok besides having issues with Paypal express checkout not working without curl I have another issue with Group discounts.
    I have setup 3 groups 10%, 20% & 30% discount groups.
    When I select one for a user and they do a purchase the discount is applied and then shipping and tax but the tax is usually now short.

If anyone wants to try. I've setup an account to test
    userid: [email protected] password: tester

just add an item
    goto checkout and choose shipping method not pickup
    next page you will see the calculations...

When I don't use the group discount no problems.
    I've also delete the group discount and added it back in no difference.

Also you will notice that the Total on the screen will also be off by 1 cent too...

Any help would be great.....

Richard

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Group Discounts affecting tax calculations

sorry... I forgot the website address: store.printersparts.com

Plugin Contributions

This used to be a well known bug and if you search the forums you will find many posts discussing this. I think the suggested fix has been applied to the latest version so there should be no problem.

When upgrading I too had the problem again and was about to tear my hair out but discovered that I was using a template or mod that was still using the old code. Have a look at my ramblings here that never did get an answer but this may get you started.

Regards,

Brent

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the info... I've tried searching but maybe I have to search deeper for answers... I don't want to upgrade to the newest version just because I just got everything running I thought perfect for the last few months.

Now I've noticed this problem and also a Paypal Express checkout problem so maybe I will have to upgrade...

Thanks again for your input...

Cheers
    Richard

Plugin Contributions

You should upgrade anyway just from a security pint of view. What version are you currently running as this makes a difference to whether you have the fix installed or not.

Regarding search I very rarely use the inbuilt forum search but do so via Google using the "Search within a site or domain:" option. This gives you much better results. Somewhere on the Forum there were instructions for creating a custom Zen Cart Google search that could be added to Firefox Search Bar.

Regards,

Brent

Plugin Contributions

Hey Brent
    My Zen Cart version is 1.3.8a Patch: 1
    I've done a lot a of customizing for the checkout that deals with shipping prices and zones...
    I'm kinda afraid to upgrade not knowing if everything will be working properly or I will have to redo everything again and tell my boss the site will be down until I fix it... we have started to get sales more frequently cause of our marketing/SEO improvements...

Regards,
    Richard

Plugin Contributions

You do need to install fixes to get your calculations working correctly for V1..3.8a. Have a look at these two threads:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120341
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150689

Going back to your upgrade you should do it as the latest version is more secure. If you don't upgrade you will eventually be hacked as security holes will not be fixed.

I'm assuming the customisation you refer to is actually configuration, meaning you have entered shipping prices and zones? If so these are carried forward when you upgrade.

You don't need to be off-line either. Have a look at this Tutorial. Basically you upgrade in a test environment and only when you are happy everything works to you upgrade your live site.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the info/links, I will definitely look into those today.
    The mods I've done are for the provincial taxes in Canada which I can do again if need be within Zen Cart but the shipping options I had to create/use addons because I have 4 zones in North America that I've separated for different shipping prices based on weight. I had to group all the states/prov. in each zone built it with prices and weights...
    I guess I can just back those addons and copy them back into the new install of zencart...
    There are still a lot of modifying with the Zen Cart theme so its not just a transfer of the sql tables and my addons that I need to do...

Richard

Plugin Contributions

I agree upgrading is not easy. There will be many who say it is but for anyone who does not do it as a profession it is very time consuming. If you don't understand code it gets even worse.

That however does not mean it should not be done. It unfortunately comes as part of running an e-commerce store.

Regarding shipping I have a commercial mod that takes care of everything. Bought from Ceon who supports many free mods on this form but rules prevent me from posting details of paid mods here. If you want any further details feel free to drop me a PM.

On the plus side by the way the fixes for the calculations are fairly easy to implement.

Regards,

Brent

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I hate to say it but I've installed 1.3.9h into a /store directory and imported a old sql database into it... but, I still have tax issues with group discounts... I thought this was solved with this upgrade...

HELP!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast