Plugin Contributions

Default Change Domain without moving installation

I unfortunately installed Zen Cart to a 'test' server but after weeks of tweaking, I have decided that I would prefer to leave it where it is, and change the domain.

Here's where I am now.
    I installed Zen Cart to the domain & Folder:
    www.onefishfood.com/zencart

I have now pointed a new domain www.affordableaquaticsupplies.com to the /zencart folder of the server, and I am able to access the cart.

The problem lies in when I go to www.affordableaquaticsupplies.com, all the URLs after the index page contain the path of wwww.onefishfood.com/zencart/

I need to remove all references to onefishfood in the URL if possible.
    I have edited the files admin/includes/configure.php and includes/configure.php but I still see the original domain in all the paths after the index.

I have a working cart, but unfortunately I installed it on the wrong domain. I don't feel confident in moving it to a new server and have it all still work. All I need is to rename the current server / installation.

Is there any way to do what I am looking to do. I have considered forwarding and masking, but then the customers will not be able to bookmark product pages because all pages have the same exact URL.

I am running 1.3.9h on a Godaddy Linux server.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Change Domain without moving installation

You need to get GoDaddy to change the hosting of the domain onefishfood.com to hosting affordablesquaticsupplies.com, and you need to remove any redirection or domain aliasing for affordablesquaticsupplies.com to onefishfood.com.

It's a relatively simple changeover of account functions - but good luck with getting GoDaddy to do it for you!

I strongely advise you take a full backup of all site folders/files via FTP and database via phpMyAdmin before you ask them to do this - just in case they wipe everything when/if they make the change.

Assuming that they make the change and all goes to plan then you can then make onefishfood.com an alias of affordablesquaticsupplies.com

Vger

Plugin Contributions

When I switch domains, I expect the relative paths will also change, meaning onefishfood.com/zencart/ will become affordableaquaticsupplies.com/zencart . Is that correct?

Then I would just modify the 2 configure.php files?

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Yes, you would need to edit both configure.php files.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

OK, I have updated the domain, and edited and revised the 2 configure.php files. When I go to the cart, everything seems to work just fine. The pages all load properly and the URLs are all fine. The database appears to be fin and untuched. But now I can not log in to administer the site. I get just a blank page. This happens whether I try /admin/login.php or /admin/index.php

I have run fix_cache_key and it responds with
    No changes required.
    Exiting.

, so that seems to be fine.

This is what was in the myDEBUG log file

[02-Feb-2011 19:46:12] PHP Warning: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/43/affordable/html/zencart/fix_cache_key.php:43) in /home/content/43/affordable/html/zencart/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 114
    [02-Feb-2011 19:46:12] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/43/affordable/html/zencart/fix_cache_key.php:43) in /home/content/43/affordable/html/zencart/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78

Note:
    In the above debug log, I replaced the actual database name with the word 'affordable' to eliminate any possible security risks.

I dont have a clue as to what to try next. Help would be very much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

So after days of fiddling with this, I have fixed the problem. I had been editing the file with Wordpad, so I downloaded Crimson Editor and made the same modifications to an older backup copy of the configure.php files and when uploaded, everything worked perfectly.

Much thanks to Afo for all the help with this today.

Plugin Contributions

Well, glad you got it sorted. For others who may find this thread - never use Word or Wordpad to edit PHP files. They are not "plain text editors", like PS Pad, Crimson Editor etc. You must use a plain text editor.

Microsoft text editors apply formatting and also use non-sgml characters which will result in W3C compliancy failures. Why is W3C Compliancy necessary? Its absolutely necessary if you are trying to upload products to Google Base, because if they're not compliant Google doesn't accept them.

Vger