Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal Not Charging Shipping

Thanks in advance for any support. I just upgraded to paypal express from paypal standard because orders were going through paypal wihthout being charged the shipping cost. I know my usps settings are set up correct, because the estimate shipping cost function is working swell. Is there somewhere else I need to look to make sure the problem is fixed, in other words, will the problem be fixed simply because I upgraded to paypal express, or should I check other settings I am unaware of to make sure that orders are being charged shipping? I don't have free shipping set up for small orders, so it isn't that.

www.thenewlifefoods.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Not Charging Shipping

Oh, and I'm using v1.3.9 and I did not find the help I needed anywhere in the threads- I see someone did ask the same question awhile ago, but no one answered her question or gave any advice. Why have two orders come through that haven't paid for shipping? Is the problem on the paypal end or zen cart end?

Plugin Contributions

When I act as if I'm going to purchase something and click on the "check out with paypal" link, only the price of the item/s gets sent to paypal. Is paypal then supposed to calculate the shipping or how does it work after that? Thank you so much for any help!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by corin View Post
    When I act as if I'm going to purchase something and click on the "check out with paypal" link, only the price of the item/s gets sent to paypal. Is paypal then supposed to calculate the shipping or how does it work after that? Thank you so much for any help!
    The shipping fee information does not get passed to Paypal. Only when you are re-directed back to your business website (to confirm payment) will the shipping fee show (order step 2 of 4). At least that is how it works for my setup.

I just attempted to order multiple products from your site and when I checked Estimate Shipping, the only option available was Store Pickup (Walk In) - there was no shipping fee. If you are expecting a shipping fee, you may not have your shipping modules setup properly.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your help. When you added multiple items in my cart and tried to check out, I'm guessing maybe your order total went above $349, which in that case will allow for free shipping. When I click on the estimate shipping button during checkout, the usps rates correctly are calculated, so I know that I have that set up right still don't know what I am doing wrong.

Somebody help?

Plugin Contributions

When you estimate shipping you have to actually add in a zip code and state in order to get options by the way. From my computer it is working just fine, so maybe you can try again for me and see. Even if that is working though, I fear that the next order that comes in will still not be charged shipping through paypal. Because this was all working fine when two orders came through that weren't charged shipping.

Plugin Contributions

I am pretty sure it was under $349 as the shipping estimate box did not say, "free shipping for orders over $349".

In any case, I just added a $6.95 product. I was redirected to Paypal. After I signed into my Paypal account, I confirmed payment. I was re-directed back to your site and I was presented with Step 1 of 3 - Delivery Information. I was able to choose Shipping Methods of either:

United States Postal Service United States Postal Service
    Express Mail (1 - 2 days)
    Priority Mail (2 - 3 days)

I don't see any problems with your setup.

Plugin Contributions

I forgot to mention above that on your Delivery Information page, it displayed the shipping fee's for each of the shipping methods.

NOTE: You don't have SSL working (or installed). I was not re-directed to secure https during Checkout or when attempting to log in to site. This will detract customers.
    Last edited by Crunch; 4 Feb 2011 at 03:56 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so very much for taking the time to check this all out for me. So greatly appreciated, and very helpful. My https will be back up in a week. . For those of you having a similar problem in the future:
    1) Make sure you do NOT have free shipping activated unless you're using it, as it will automatically allow your customers free shipping!
    2) Also, make sure you use Paypal Express, as it is free and better. I just didn't know it was free
    3) I now ONLY have the free shipping above a certain price activated, and that is working fine. For some reason I thought in order for this to work I also had to activate the free shipping module.