Plugin Contributions

red flag Downloadable product still shows shipping page at check out

I'm having a terrible time locating the issue with my downloadable product. I've read through and followed every guide and tutorial (https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=71) on adding product downloads to my catalog, but I can't seem to get mine to fully function.

I've created a new Product Category called "Instructional Videos" which contains 1 product called "How to make a Tutu" that has "No, Shipping Address Required" and "No, Normal Shipping Rules" options set.

I've created an Option Name called "Download" which is set as a Radio type. I've created an Option Value called ".m4v iTunes video" under the "Download" Option Name. In the Attribute Controller, I've assigned the Option Name "Download" and Option Value ".m4v iTunes video" to the product "How to make a Tutu". I've listed the file name in the Download box and have clicked Make this the Default.

In Download Manager, I've confirmed that the file is found and that the 'light' is green.

In the Online Catalog, the product listing for "How to make a Tutu" shows the "Download" attribute with ".m4v iTunes video" preselected.

The shopping cart shows the product added, but does not list the attribute as I've seen in some other examples.

Continuing checkout brings up the shipping page which I thought shouldn't show if the product has an attribute with a downloadable file listed. (I've redacted the customer info in this screen shot)

Does anyone have any idea why my product isn't working as the tutorials suggest? I've searched Google using every combination of search terms related to "download product zen cart checkout_shipping, etc" to no avail. Please help as this is one of the last items I need to complete before we push the site live.

Thank you for you time.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Downloadable product still shows shipping page at check out

Check the two directories for:
    /pub
    /download

and the .htaccess files and add your file extention:
    Code:
    <FilesMatch ".*\.(zip|ZIP|pdf|PDF|mp3|MP3|swf|SWF|wma|WMA|wmv|WMV)$">
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I have confirmed that both directories have their .htaccess configured correctly. The results are the same as above.

Code:
    <FilesMatch ".*\.(zip|ZIP|pdf|PDF|mp3|MP3|swf|SWF|wma|WMA|wmv|WMV|m4v|M4V)$">

Plugin Contributions

What happens if you switch to the Classic Template ... does the Attribute get added to the shopping cart?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

It sounds like there's a weight associated with your base product ...

Plugin Contributions

The weight would not be the issue here ...

You should check that the Attributes are inside the <form> tags on the Product _info page as it looks like the Attribute for the Download never gets added to the shopping cart and this will stop it from working ...
    Linda McGrath