Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Template Installation Help - NOTHING works.

I have just installed Zen Cart v1.3.9h and i am having issues with installing our template.

This is the first time using zen cart but i have used pretty much all of the other ecommerce carts out there.

I have tried every possible way to upload the template files to includes/templates folder (uploading .zip and extracting into directory, uploading files, and uploading files individually with ftp client, as well as server side upload and extraction... NOTHING works.

No matter which way i do it the template does not show up on the tools / template selection on zen cart... all i get is the classic contemporary green.

Also, i suppose it is possible that there is something wrong with the template files but i doubt it, and comparing the template files with other templates it looks to me that everything that is needed is there in the new template folder... at worse case it should show up on the Zen Cart template selection list....

Please, Help!!!!! This is getting fustrating.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Template Installation Help - NOTHING works.

Depending on the template you are using but often the packages are set out in zens folder structure already so that files are placed in various folders as well as the template folder.
    so if you unzip the package locally and then upload the entire "includes folder" to the root of your site it should work.
    just consult the readme files and check for warnings about overwriting any core files and of course backup anyway

Plugin Contributions

Yes, the template came in zen cart folder structure already.

Just extract and you get readme file, .PSDs and the template folder. Readme says just to simply upload the folders contents to the includes/templates folder and then go to zen carts template selection menu... but still isnt working.

Plugin Contributions

What exactly is the folder structure of the template package? Is there an /includes/templates/your_template/ folder on the server now? Is there an /includes/templates/your_template/template_info.php file? If not, the template files were not uploaded to the right place.

Plugin Contributions

Aren't you forgetting to change the template in the admin?

see admin => tools => Template Selection

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by volusiagold View Post
    No matter which way i do it the template does not show up on the tools / template selection on zen cart... all i get is the classic contemporary green.
    I don't think so...:)

Plugin Contributions

Zencart looks in the root directory in all includes/templates/XXXXX folders for a file named template_info.php. It uses the information in this file to create an option in the Admin - Tools - Template Selection dropdown. If your new template doesn't appear in that dropdown, that file isn't where it needs to be.

Chances are, the template files and folders are set up to be relative to the root (top) directory of your store. That's where you should upload the 'includes' folder from the template package, not to includes/templates.

Plugin Contributions

hi. new to this but...

i have the exact same issue. i have placed my templates (yes more than one) exactly how i was instructed to. yet the pull down menu still says green (the original template)

how about just giving the exact path to the proper placement og the template so we can change it with the pull down menu?

fyi, i have placed my templates in the following folders zen_cart, zen_cart/zc_admin, zen_cart/zc_admin/includes, zen_cart/zc_admin/includes/templates.

someone must have the easy answer.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by 510ego View Post
    hi. new to this but...

i have the exact same issue. i have placed my templates (yes more than one) exactly how i was instructed to. yet the pull down menu still says green (the original template)

how about just giving the exact path to the proper placement og the template so we can change it with the pull down menu?

fyi, i have placed my templates in the following folders zen_cart, zen_cart/zc_admin, zen_cart/zc_admin/includes, zen_cart/zc_admin/includes/templates.

someone must have the easy answer.
    which template are you trying to install?
    you shouldn't be putting anything into your admin folder

if your template package contains an "includes" folder 9 times out of ten if you up load this to your root folder you should be ok

(back up first as always!!)

Plugin Contributions

boy, do i feel stupid!!!

when i looked at my web folder i found that my web directory had a folder of _ well...it turns out i was loading my folder into the web instead of as the web.

i managed to successfully fix it and load my template and got it to pull down from the tools menu.

but i did not like the template...i think i will just play with the stock one...i am sure there are thousands of site out there with just little tweeks to it.

thanks for the reply

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast