I am in the early stages of my first Zen Cart project (V1.3.9h) and I need a steer to see if what I'm setting out to do is possible without php programming effort.

I plan to use attributes to allow customers to select a variety of products by weight and colour. For example;

Product A is supplied in 1Kg, 2Kg & 5Kg weights each with Red, Green and Blue colour ways. Product B is supplied in 0.1Kgs and 0.25Kgs ea with Indigo and Violet colour ways.

Which ever colour selection the customer makes should be matched by associated product images on main product page.

So in theory a customer should be able to add to cart 1 x 5Kg Green, 2 x 1 Kg Red and 3 x 2Kg Blue of product A and perhaps 3 x 0.25Kg Violet of product B.

Having done this the customer should be able to see the total weight of the cart (13.75Kg for the above) which the system will then use to calculate shipping costs and discounts as % of total weight.

(I've just seen a post questioning how to ensure the most cost effective shipping by supplying multiple packages rather than one large one and I guess that has to come into it at some point!)

Can you advise if this is possible and point me in the general direction of the Zen Cart elements that I will need to master in order to achieve it.

With many thanks,
P