Plugin Contributions

red flag Shopping cart quantity box not working with attributes set

I currently am working on a online store and ran into a bit of a problem. I set up some of my products with attributes and some without. The issue I am having is that when you add a product that has attributes to the shopping cart the quantity box in the shopping cart on the left always shows 1 no matter how many quantities you select from the attribute drop down. I am pretty sure that is because I set up one product with a number of different attributes including quantity and size. Is there anyway that you guys know of to get the shopping cart quantity box to reflect the quantity that the customer picked out in the attribute drop down menu?

Here is a link so you guys can see what I am talking about better:

http://bradgenrich.com/index.php?mai...roducts_id=140

Try selecting a quantity over 1 and add it to the cart. Once you do you will only see a quantity of 1 in the quantity box. This is what I need to show the actual quantity that the customer selected. Any help would be appreciated. I am stumped. Thanks in advance guys!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shopping cart quantity box not working with attributes set

When you have attribute quantities affecting the price, they will not change the product quantity. You can see
    Carton Quantity - 13
    indicating the attribute number chosen, but there is no option on the product info page to add more than one of the product. You have one product with 13 cartons.

In your case, it will be more comprehensible for customers to eliminate the carton qty attribute and allow multiple products to be purchased.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shopping cart quantity box not working with attributes set

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    When you have attribute quantities affecting the price, they will not change the product quantity. You can see
    Carton Quantity - 13
    indicating the attribute number chosen, but there is no option on the product info page to add more than one of the product. You have one product with 13 cartons.

In your case, it will be more comprehensible for customers to eliminate the carton qty attribute and allow multiple products to be purchased.
    Thanks for your quick reply. I have the carton quantities setup as one of the attributes because my client is offering a price break when someone purchases certain quantities. For example say that each index tab is $1.39 if a customer buys 20 cartons they may get a 20 cent discount on each index tab they buy. So that is why I had to apply the attributes the way I did. My client said that this is a big deal to them so I am not sure how to go about listing this product differently since they have special pricing in there? Any ideas would help and sorry I probably should have put that information in my first post. Thanks again for the response!