Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default 2 Shipping Methods at the same time

Hello,

I have searched the forum pretty thoroughly and see several posts about multiple shipping options but they all see to be dealing with a different aspect than what I am needing.

This is for a flower shop, the flower shop also sells candles though.

I need to be able to charge $5 for shipping, per candle that they buy.

I also need to be able to charge a certain amount to have the flowers delivered (zone based, depending on their zip code).

I can figure out the above, BUT, if they order one candle and one flower I need to have it charge BOTH amounts, so it needs to have two shipping methods that work at the same time. Then ideally on the shipping page it will show the UPS rate for the calendar and then show the delivery fee, need both shown, is this possible???

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 2 Shipping Methods at the same time

Have you looked at the Per Unit perweightunit shipping module where you can set the cost per item on a Product for shipping in the Product Weight so that you can get specific shipping per Product?

Example:
    Product A product weight 1.00 is $1.00 x quantity

Product B product weight 1.25 is $1.25 x quantity

Product C product weight 5.00 is $5.00 x quantity

NOTE: be sure to set the Maximum Weight to 5000 and the Tare Rates to 0:0 ... if you want to use this shipping module ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Yes, that will work for the candles but I need to have something that can handle both.

Candles will be per unit

Flowers will be per zone, different shipping rates depending on what zip code they live in.

BUT, then I need both of these to work. So when they checkout they either see the shipping total (candles per unit + flowers zone rate) or need to see it broken down by both

thanks

Plugin Contributions

There isn't anything to break down the shipping by Products ...

How are you using the Zone Rate zones on the Shipping ... Price? Weight? Item Count?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, I will be pricing the shipping for the candles (category) by items, each item is $5 to ship.

For the flowers (category) I will be using a zone method, specific zip codes will be charged a specific delivery fee. I believe I can setup a zone for this. If they select anything from this category I will charge them a specific amount, based on what zip code they enter (zone).

BUT, I need to be able to have both methods work at the same time. So if they order a candle and a flower they will see a total that combines both shipping amounts, not either/or. Does this make sense? Thank you

Plugin Contributions

If you could be a little more specific ...

Are you using for the Flowers the Zone Rate zones shipping module?

If so, are you basing the rates on Price, Weight or Item Count?

If not using Zone Rate zones for the Flowers, what are you using?

I am trying to work in a combo shipping method but you have to be more specific on how you are obtaining the shipping costs for the Flowers ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, I haven't completed it yet but my plan was to use the zone shipping method for the flowers...not really sure what I should base it on yet. Pretty much if they order any flowers at all "category" they it will charge the amount I specified in the zone for that zip code.

Not sure if this helps, it is a local flower shop. They charge the same to ship 1 flower or 50 flowers. It is a flat rate per zip code: price, quantity nor weight will really matter.

For example,

1 flower shipped to zip code 62230 is $15, so 10 flowers shipped there is also $15.

If that person buys 1 candle though they will have a $5 shipping charge (for the candle) plus they will also have a $15 delivery charge for the flowers....hope this helps....THANK YOU

Plugin Contributions

The idea would be to compute a shipping cost for the Candles and add it to the shipping cost for the Flowers ...

But there has to be a way to identify the Candles in the Order ...

Are all of the Candles in a specific Category where they all would use the same master_categories_id on them?

This means the scenario where the customer orders:
    1 Flower
    1 Candle

3 Flowers
    2 Candles

could be calculated to build the shipping cost ...

From what you are describing, if the contents of the Order can be identified to distinguish between Candles and Flowers then such a calculation could be done ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Yes the flowers are in one master category, the candles are in another

http://grimmandgorly.com/cart/

thank you, let me know

Plugin Contributions

What happens on Plants? Miscellaneous Baskets?

NOTE: your Candles are not in 1 master_categories_id they are in 3 master_categories_id ... the master_categories_id is the immediate Category that the Product is in ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast