Plugin Contributions

Default How to associate an image with an attribute name instead of an attribute value?

Does anyone know how to associate an image with an attribute name instead of an attribute value?

For example, I have an attribute that comes in 2 sizes, but boht sizes look the same. What I really need is one single image that is associated with the attribute name, not the value, that shows how to make the measurement.

I can put the image on the first attribute value, but then the attribute value name shows up under the image, which is a little confusing.

Here is a link to an item on my site where I am doing this for the attribute called "Backset":

http://keylessentrylocks.com/index.p...&products_id=9

Any/all help will be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to associate an image with an attribute name instead of an attribute value?

Quote Originally Posted by ibuttons View Post

I can put the image on the first attribute value, but then the attribute value name shows up under the image, which is a little confusing.
    Here is a quick update, to clarify in case someone clicks the link I posted to see an example of what I am talking about:

I have now turned the color of the attribute value name (that shows up under the image) to white so you can't see it any longer.

I know, I know, this is a dumb cludge and people will still be able to highlight it, if they happen to try. Believe me, I will very happy to change if someone has a better idea that doesn't involved changing the core code.

TIA!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to associate an image with an attribute name instead of an attribute value?

Could it be that no one has wanted to do this except me? That would be hard to believe, we have numerous products where this would be useful. Maybe a simple example would help to trigger someone to respond:

Say you are selling an item which can have a logo embroidered on it. The logo can be done in SMALL or LARGE. Both sizes look the same, so it makes no sense to display an image of both SMALL and LARGE. Instead, it would be nice to have a single image associated with the logo option.

Again, I can associate an image with the first attribute value, but then the attribute value name shows up under the image, which is a little confusing.

So, the ideal solution would be to be able to associate an image with an attribute NAME instead of an attribute VALUE. Or, if that is not possible, be able to disable the attribute LABEL that shows up under the image, when an image is shown.

Does that clarify things at all?