Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default 1064 error when trying to send customer email/newsletter

Hi,

The other night I upgraded my database from 1.3.8a to 1.3.9h.

Everything seems to be working well other than when I try to send a customer email - i get the following error:

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'as s left join zen_customers as c on c.customers_id = s.customers_id' at line 1
    in:
    [select c.customers_firstname, c.customers_lastname, s.email_address as customers_email_address from as s left join zen_customers as c on c.customers_id = s.customers_id ]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

I have read through some posts on similar problems and the following seems to be something that pops up.

Prior to upgrade, I had the newsletter subscribe and email exporter modules installed. I did not remove any of these before upgrading.

Could someone please describe what steps I need to take in order to get everything working again.

Thanks in advance

Amanda

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1064 error when trying to send customer email/newsletter

Quote Originally Posted by lj20272 View Post
    Prior to upgrade, I had the newsletter subscribe ... modules installed. I did not remove any of these before upgrading.
    That's the problem.
    In your database, you have a "query_builder" table that has an entry that was altered by the newsletter-subscribe addon, and is looking for a table that no longer exists, namely TABLE_SUBSCRIBE.
    You'll need to delete that entry from the database table, or replace it with the original entry that existed before you installed that addon which changed it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply.

I'm not too sure what I need to actually delete. Below is the SQL result for the query_builder table

Generation Time: Feb 10, 2011 at 08:07 PM
    Generated by: phpMyAdmin 3.3.9 / MySQL 5.0.91-community-log
    SQL query: SELECT * FROM `zen_query_builder` LIMIT 0, 30 ;
    Rows: 11
    query_id query_category query_name query_description query_string query_keys_list

1 email All Customers Returns all customers name and email address for sending mass emails (ie: for newsletters, coupons, GVs, messages, etc). select customers_email_address, customers_firstname, customers_lastname from TABLE_CUSTOMERS order by customers_lastname, customers_firstname, customers_email_address

2 email,newsletters Customer Account Newsletter Subscribers Returns name and email address of newsletter subscribers who have a customer account. select customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address from TABLE_CUSTOMERS where customers_newsletter = '1'

3 email,newsletters Dormant Customers (>3months) (Subscribers) Subscribers who HAVE purchased something, but have NOT purchased for at least three months. select o.date_purchased, c.customers_email_address, c.customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname from TABLE_CUSTOMERS c, TABLE_ORDERS o WHERE c.customers_id = o.customers_id AND c.customers_newsletter = 1 GROUP BY c.customers_email_address HAVING max(o.date_purchased) <= subdate(now(),INTERVAL 3 MONTH) ORDER BY c.customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname ASC

4 email,newsletters Active customers in past 3 months (Subscribers) Newsletter subscribers who are also active customers (purchased something) in last 3 months. select c.customers_email_address, c.customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname from TABLE_CUSTOMERS c, TABLE_ORDERS o where c.customers_newsletter = '1' AND c.customers_id = o.customers_id and o.date_purchased > subdate(now(),INTERVAL 3 MONTH) GROUP BY c.customers_email_address order by c.customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname ASC

5 email,newsletters Active customers in past 3 months (Regardless of subscription status) All active customers (purchased something) in last 3 months, ignoring newsletter-subscription status. select c.customers_email_address, c.customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname from TABLE_CUSTOMERS c, TABLE_ORDERS o WHERE c.customers_id = o.customers_id and o.date_purchased > subdate(now(),INTERVAL 3 MONTH) GROUP BY c.customers_email_address order by c.customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname ASC

6 email,newsletters Administrator Just the email account of the current administrator select 'ADMIN' as customers_firstname, admin_name as customers_lastname, admin_email as customers_email_address from TABLE_ADMIN where admin_id = $SESSION:admin_id

7 email,newsletters Customers who have never completed a purchase For sending newsletter to all customers who registered but have never completed a purchase SELECT DISTINCT c.customers_email_address as customers_email_address, c.customers_lastname as customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname as customers_firstname FROM TABLE_CUSTOMERS c LEFT JOIN TABLE_ORDERS o ON c.customers_id=o.customers_id WHERE o.date_purchased IS NULL

8 email,newsletters All Newsletter Subscribers Returns name and email address of all Customer Account subscribers and all Newsletter-Only subscribers. select c.customers_firstname, c.customers_lastname, s.email_address as customers_email_address from TABLE_SUBSCRIBERS as s left join TABLE_CUSTOMERS as c on c.customers_id = s.customers_id

9 email,newsletters Newsletter-only Subscribers Returns email address of all confirmed Newsletter-Only subscribers. SELECT email_address as customers_email_address FROM TABLE_SUBSCRIBERS WHERE email_format != 'NONE' and confirmed = 1 and (customers_id IS NULL or customers_id = 0) order by email_address

10 email,newsletters Email Test Group - Newsletter-only subscribers Returns name and email address of Newsletter-only subscribers designated in Email test group configuration. SELECT s.email_address as customers_email_address FROM TABLE_SUBSCRIBERS as s LEFT JOIN TABLE_CONFIGURATION as q on LOCATE( s.email_address, q.configuration_value) >= 1 WHERE configuration_key = 'NEWSONLY_SUBSCRIPTION_TEST_GROUP'

11 email,newsletters Email Test Group - Customers Returns name and email address of Newsletter-only subscribers designated in Email test group configuration. SELECT c.customers_email_address as customers_email_address FROM TABLE_CUSTOMERS as c LEFT JOIN TABLE_CONFIGURATION as q on LOCATE( c.customers_email_address, q.configuration_value) >= 1 WHERE configuration_key = 'NEWSONLY_SUBSCRIPTION_TEST_GROUP'

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Delete the entries I've highlighted in your post above.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Excellent!!! Have done as suggested and all is working fine.

Once again, thank you for your help.

Now, "if" I was to want to reinstall either of these modules at a later date, would it just be a matter of installing as if it were "new" installations?

Plugin Contributions

THANK YOU! Was having the same problem but all fixed now thanks to this thread.