Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Help me persuade Google to update the Google Checkout mod

I'm posting this in a separate thread from the main Google Checkout help thread as it's not about integration, but about a new version. I've spent ages gathering info and trying to get Google's attention on this, but collectively I'm sure we can should loud enough to be heard. If the mods REALLY feel it should be integrated into the main thread to get lost among the other 3613 posts, then put it there, but rather than trying to fix something old, I'm hoping we can get something new.

We've had to drop GC for various integration and compatibility reasons (the main one being lack of support for Gift Vouchers/coupons), but the amount of use it was getting was 80/20 in favour of GC/Paypal.

People just prefer Google Checkout - in fact, since we removed it, lots of people would rather phone their order in than use Paypal. I don't know why, we explain clearly on the checkout page that you don't need Paypal to pay via Paypal credit card handling, but there you go.

But we all really need to persuade Google to write a new version of the module. The current version was announced here in 2006.

Tens of thousands use Zen Cart, (although I don't quite believe the 180,000,000 results when you Google for "Powered By Zen Cart"!)
    Google has $billions, surely SOMEONE at Google could find a few dollars to support this payment gateway?

This list at http://code.google.com/p/google-chec...rt/issues/list has 40 new defects/requests, only 2 of which have been accepted.

The group hasn't had any real activity since 2007 http://groups.google.com/group/googl...support/topics

Even the Google Checkout API blog hasn't been updated since 2007! http://googlecheckoutapi.b l o g spot.com (you'll need to remove the spaces in that URL - bizarrely it turns into hashes otherwise!)

It's almost impossible to find any way of contacting Google, in fact, attempting to post a suggestion to the Checkout Integration Suggestions Page at http://www.google.com/support/forum/...df57675dab8f9d results in

"Part of this page is hidden according to the Terms of Service" - whatever that means.

So I've posted in the Google Checkout group here: http://www.google.com/support/forum/...504b2db3&hl=en

Hopefully you can take a moment to add your voice to the conversation.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help me persuade Google to update the Google Checkout mod

I looked quickly and did not see where you have posted about any Google checkout issue

I have this integrated on several sites without issue(1.3.9h)

Age has little to do with function - - If the code requirements have not changed why update....
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    I looked quickly and did not see where you have posted about any Google checkout issue
    You can't see this?

I have this integrated on several sites without issue(1.3.9h)

Age has little to do with function - - If the code requirements have not changed why update....
    And you've managed to get coupons and gift vouchers working OK and applied through GC? I spend a couple of days at this, working with a completely blank brand new ZC install, ploughing my my way through the gazzillions of posts on the GC thread. I saw lots of people asking about coupons, and I admit I skimmed a bit, but I couldn't see any solution to the coupon/GV issue.

That for us is the only showstopper, but it's a total one.

Plugin Contributions

You can't see this?
    Yes but again that is your rant and not a post here for assistance

And yes GV also works

PM'd an example
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Yes but again that is your rant and not a post here for assistance

And yes GV also works

PM'd an example
    Ah, OK, I see your PM, and I see the coupon section on the checkout page now.

We could never get this to work - does this apply to gift vouchers AND coupons too?

If you're saying that this coupon/GV system is working "out of the box" just following the instructions, then I'll take it back to the main thread and carry on there. I've gone over the FAQ, forum and instructions so many time perhaps I can't see the wood for the trees.

Still, it would be nice to get updated code though - there are, after all, 38 outstanding bug reports against GC :)

Plugin Contributions

does this apply to gift vouchers AND coupons too?
    Yes all standard ZC functions work in conjunction with GCO....

There might be other conflicts but do not know your list of mods nor have time to ferret out any that you might have

A scientific approach to this is what I would suggest
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Yes all standard ZC functions work in conjunction with GCO....

There might be other conflicts but do not know your list of mods nor have time to ferret out any that you might have

A scientific approach to this is what I would suggest
    As I said before, a totally "raw" install. I'll wipe it out, start again, make notes at each stage, and take it back to the main thread.

Hope the mods wouldn't mind leaving this thread, as I still think an update would be good.

Plugin Contributions

Hope the mods wouldn't mind leaving this thread, as I still think an update would be good.
    As I stated the files work So why fix what is not broken??
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Im new to both Zen Cart and Google Checkout. Just received first order through GC which I've confirmed over there. How come the order placed through GC isn't showing up in my Admin? Is that part of the update needed? Is there a work around?
    Annette
    www.annetteslingerie.com

Plugin Contributions

As I stated the files work So why fix what is not broken??
    But they don't. For example, when you update the customer it doesn't send notification emails, because the Google Checkout is using such an old version of orders.php, although this is what fixed it for me.

in admin/orders.php (after editing for Google Checkout), around line 112, just before the first "END GOOGLE CHECKOUT" change

PHP Code:
    $customer_notified = isset($customer_notified)?$customer_notified:'0'
    to

PHP Code:
    $customer_notified '0'
    Around line 116, change

PHP Code:
    if (isset($_POST['notify']) && ($_POST['notify'] == 'on')) { 
    to

PHP Code:
    if (isset($_POST['notify']) && ($_POST['notify'] == '1')) { 
    No promises it'll work for you, but with these changes, I now get the green tick and email sends again.

Another example: Tax rates are not calculated properly in orders.php either (although the tax rates ARE correct).

And where is a space for customers to add their own order notes (delivery details etc)?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast