Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to hide categories with no active products

Just so you know, I did copy /includes/templates/templates_default/sideboxes/tpl_categories.php
    and place it in my customized folder... /includes/templates/MY_FILES/sideboxes/tpl_categories.php

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mikeel100 View Post
    Did you try Configuration->Layout Settings->Categories with 0 Products Status ... and set it to 0 (off)?
    Yes, I'm talking to myself again...LOL. Need a break.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mikeel100 View Post
    That made all of my categories disappear...here is the code that I modified with your suggestion.

if (zen_get_product_types_to_category($box_categories_array[$i]['path']) == 3 or ($box_categories_array[$i]['top'] != 'true' and SHOW_CATEGORIES_SUBCATEGORIES_ALWAYS != 1) or $box_categories_array[$i]['count'] == 0) {
    // skip if this is for the document box (==3)
    // skip if this category has no active products MIKE
    } else {
    $content .= '<a class="' . $new_style . '" href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $box_categories_array[$i]['path']) . '">';
    if (zen_get_product_types_to_category($box_categories_array[$i]['path']) == 3 or ($box_categories_array[$i]['top'] != 'true' and SHOW_CATEGORIES_SUBCATEGORIES_ALWAYS != 1) or $box_categories_array[$i]['count'] == 0) {
    // skip if this category has no active products MIKE
    WHAT DO I NEED TO COMMENT OUT BELOW TO MAKE IT SKIP
    } else {
    $content .= '<a class="' . $new_style . '" href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $box_categories_array[$i]['path']) . '">';
    Ignore the double code above...I must have double pasted when I was replying. The code in my file is not doubled like it is above...

Plugin Contributions

I forgot ... you probably have set this to false:
    Show Category Counts
    Count recursively how many products are in each category
    Turn that to true ...

Now, starting with a clean:
    /includes/templates/templates_default/sideboxes/tpl_categories.php

using your templates and overrides make the following changes in RED:
    Code:
         if (zen_get_product_types_to_category($box_categories_array[$i]['path']) == 3 or ($box_categories_array[$i]['top'] != 'true' and SHOW_CATEGORIES_SUBCATEGORIES_ALWAYS != 1 or $box_categories_array[$i]['count'] == 0)) {
          } else {
    Then change the code:
    Code:
          if (false && SHOW_COUNTS == 'true') {
            if ((CATEGORIES_COUNT_ZERO == '1' and $box_categories_array[$i]['count'] == 0) or $box_categories_array[$i]['count'] >= 1) {
              $content .= CATEGORIES_COUNT_PREFIX . $box_categories_array[$i]['count'] . CATEGORIES_COUNT_SUFFIX;
            }
          }
    So while you say show the counts in configuration ... you will not show the counts but will still gather the counts so that categories with 0 Products will not show ...

Does this work better for you?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Where, in zencart, are the calculations done for making the, ## of ## active, display next to the green/red buttons in admin/categories? That is the info I need to make a simple MySQL code work for this issue.

I've posted the post below at stackoverflow to try and help find a solution as well...http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...egory-are-zero

First off, let me say I am a NOVICE MySQL programmer. I appreciate any help I can get.

I am trying to update a record value in one table where the count of records in a separate table are equal to the count of records in another table where a certain criteria is met.

In real language: Within a specific category, if all of the products_status, in table products, are set to 0 (not active), then I want to set the category_status, in table category, to 0 (hidden).

I'll explain my thought process after I give you a little background info.

The relevant parts of my categories table are: categories_id (unique and autoincremented) categories_status (0 or 1) parent_id

The relevant parts of my products table are: products_id (autoincremented) products_status (O or 1) master_categories_id (I believe it is linked to the categories_id column n the categories table)

The products_to_categories table has two columns: products_id categories_id

Now, this is what I am attempting:

1. Go to the first record of categories.categories_id and set that as a variable (CategorySearchID).

2. Go to products.master_categories_id and count the number of records that match the CategorySearchID and set that to a variable (CategorySearchIDCount). This gives the total number of products in that CategorySearchID.

3. Go to products.products_status and count all records that have a product_status of 0 where the CategorySearchID is a match.

4. Compare the counts in step 2 and 3. If they are equal, the categories.category_status for the current CategorySearchId will be set to 0 (hidden).

5. Finally, I need a loop that will search through all categories.category_id (CategorySearchID) and do the count comparisons and status updates in steps 2, 3 and 4.

I have tried dozens of combinations of the following code but keep getting errors. I can get some of the individual element of the code to work but I can't seem to tie them all together.

For example:

UPDATE DATABASE.categories SET categories_status = 0

Sets all category_status' to 0 successfully

SELECT COUNT(products_id) FROM products WHERE products_status=0

Finds all of the products_status' set to 0 and returns the number in a temporary table.

AND parent_id != 0;

Prevents top level categories from being set to hidden

I'm not going to bore you with all of the combinations I've tried.

Again, I really would appreciate any help!

Mike

Plugin Contributions

In the Class category_tree.php the counts are made and the tree made for the sidebox ...

With only the changes that I posted, for only the tpl_categories.php file, Only Categories that contain Active Products are showing ... NOTE: you need the Category Counts turned on in the settings to know which Categories to show or exclude, but the counts will still be hidden based on the code changes that I posted ...

Have you additional changes that might be causing this to not work for you?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Your a life saver and a genius Ajeh! Thanks!

I believe this will work! No need to manually change CATEGORY buttons from green to red now!

It's not affecting searches neither!

I can sleep tonight...LOL.

I'll post this answer into the other threads I ran across where nobody found a solution to.
    Last edited by mikeel100; 9 Jul 2013 at 02:51 AM. Reason: P.S.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that this did work for you ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Thanks for the update that this did work for you ...
    No, thank you! I have ran across so many topics where people left me hanging for an answer...I didn't want to do that to anyone else. It's very frustrating. :)

Plugin Contributions

Always a pleasure ... remember the Zen Cart Team when you are rich and famous!
    Linda McGrath

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast