Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon View Post
Thanks, meant to put a ? mark at end of my last sentence. So in my admin orders page Paypal is showing the correct Pacific time in it's time stamps, but the Zen Cart comment entries shows two hours ahead (Central time) for its time stamps. And so I uploaded the time-zone_fix.php in the two respective directories

putenv ('TZ=America/Los_Angeles');

but still see the timestamps in admin -> orders off by two hours.
When you are in the admin is the time and date correctly shown in the header?

When you look at admin->version
Is the "Server Date" and "Database Date" the same as each other?
and are they correct?

1. What does the Time Zone Offset entry in Admin >Config > MyStore suppose to do? Is that a stock zc 1.51 configuration entry? Or something leftover in the database from a previous time zone offset mod install (upgraded the zc db from 1.37 to 1.51)?

I entered "-2" in the form but appears to not be doing anything. Within phpmyadmin I don't see any function associated with that entry in the configuration table.
This is leftover from the previous "Time Zone Offset" mod. It does nothing. It can stay there without affecting anything.

2. query_factory.php Line 71 shows the following code. What is the function of "-2" in that line? Is that a hardcoded offset? Pretty certain this is the stock zc1.51 file.

Code:
if (getenv('TZ') && !defined('DISABLE_MYSQL_TZ_SET'))  @mysql_query("SET time_zone = '" . substr_replace(date("O"),":",-2,0) .  "'", $this->link);
This converts the system php date() (which has to be correct first) into a form that is used to set the mysql time zone.