Thread: TaxCloud Addon

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: TaxCloud Addon

I am away and noticed it is working. I had thought you had written you would update me. thanks for getting it up and working

Plugin Contributions

Just in case anyone runs into the same problem I did, here's a fix for it (courtesy of RCwebdev).
    Using ZC 1.5.1 and TC 1.5.2b (released in Feb 2013), I was getting error logs with the following errors:

PHP Warning: require_once(includes/modules/TaxCloud/func.taxcloud.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /SITE/includes/classes/order.php on line 21
    PHP Fatal error: require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'includes/modules/TaxCloud/func.taxcloud.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php5') in /SITE/includes/classes/order.php on line 21

The TC plugin itself appeared to be working fine, but it disabled the use of another plugin (in my case Edit Orders 4.1, although it may have affected other plugins, as well).

The quoted line 21 was originally:
    require_once DIR_WS_MODULES . 'TaxCloud/func.taxcloud.php';

Based on RCwebdev's post regarding errors involving general.php (in an earlier version of TaxCloud, solved in 1.5.2b), I changed that line to:
    require_once(DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_MODULES . 'TaxCloud/func.taxcloud.php');
    and this change solved the problem - the error logs stopped, and the other plugin is now working great, as well.

Plugin Contributions

It turns out I was using an older version of TaxCloud that I downloaded from http://dev.taxcloud.net/ This version did not have all Zen Cart 1.5.1 changes

There's a newer version courtesy of Dr Byte. http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1208

I haven't put it up yet, but did check the code and it does get rid of the problem that I encountered described here
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...30#post1171430

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the information. I have updated the blog post to point to the latest files. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Hi - TaxCloud usually works beautifully, but I have run into a problem when sales tax doesn't get calculated and added when it should. We're in North Carolina, and all except 1 of our NC customers get charged tax correctly. The one lucky person who doesn't get charged sales tax lives in zip code 27712 (Durham county) and should pay 7.5%, he was spared this both times he placed an order (I bet *he* has no complaints about that...). How can this be fixed for future orders?
    Thanks!
    Magz

Plugin Contributions

Additional detail regarding my previous msg - I checked my TaxCloud account, and neither transaction is recorded there (all other transactions appear to be listed even if there's no sales tax charged). ~m

Plugin Contributions

Hello Magz:
    Please email us at [email protected] so that we can research what happened with these 2 transactions. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

So I download the newest version then chucked it because I still have 1.3.9h running and that is what works best for my business. So I downloaded the most recent version for 1.3.9h as suggested and when I FTP all the files into my root it wipes everything completely out. So I chucked that store and pulled up my back up #2 same result. I see that some are using the latest version with their 1.3.9h and it is working fine. My head is starting to hurt and I need to go to bed but I am getting frustrated there are some files that I am being asked to overwrite and I do because the newer files have a larger volume what could I be doing wrong? I am going to try using the new version once before I go to bed. Please help.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: TaxCloud Addon

Quote Originally Posted by sammirah View Post
    So I download the newest version then chucked it because I still have 1.3.9h running and that is what works best for my business. So I downloaded the most recent version for 1.3.9h as suggested and when I FTP all the files into my root it wipes everything completely out. So I chucked that store and pulled up my back up #2 same result. I see that some are using the latest version with their 1.3.9h and it is working fine. My head is starting to hurt and I need to go to bed but I am getting frustrated there are some files that I am being asked to overwrite and I do because the newer files have a larger volume what could I be doing wrong? I am going to try using the new version once before I go to bed. Please help.
    Hi Sammirah,

Because you are using the older version of Zen Cart, we would recommend using the older version of the TaxCloud module.

If you have other modules already installed, you should be very cautious about simply overwriting the existing files because those previously installed modules may also have overwritten or modified the standard Zen Cart distribution files. If this is the case, you may need to compare and merge the TaxCloud distribution files with your existing files to get everything to work correctly.

Also, for faster support response from TaxCloud please send support requests to [email protected].

Thanks for trying out TaxCloud, and we look forward to helping you easily collect sales tax anywhere in the US!

Plugin Contributions

In a somewhat related issue to some of the earlier posts, when I turn on the TC Coupon Administration module and turn off the default zencart coupon administration module, the menu item for coupon administration disappears. If I leave them both on, it remains. Can I leave both on? Does it cause a conflict. Is there a preferred order?
    Steve Pembleton
    www.cheapjumprings.com

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast