Thread: TaxCloud Addon

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: TaxCloud Addon

Quote Originally Posted by sammirah View Post
    I am catching my 2nd wind on this mod. It truly pisses me off every time it comes times to upgrade Zen Cart...I had to go back to zc 1.5.5f when I ran into issues with one of the most vital plug-ins used on my site. Anyhow, I digress, I keep noticing that the admin//includes/auto_loaders/config.taxcloud.php keeps disappearing. I upload it again, leave that area of cPanel and when I come back it is just gone. But the plug in is working fine. Is there a reason why a file would just disappear like that?
    This cute little code:
    // Now that the menu item has been created/registered, can stop the wasteful process of having
    // this script run again by removing it from the auto-loader array
    @unlink(DIR_FS_ADMIN . DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'auto_loaders/config.taxcloud.php');

in YOUR_ADMIN/includes/init_includes/init_taxcloud_config.php

The interweb says this:

unlink

(PHP 4, PHP 5, PHP 7)

unlink — Deletes a file

It prevents the installer from looping or installing every time you load an admin page.

Though it may not help with site upgrades... it should be included in the newest source module/plugin files always (if we continue to code it in this manner).
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    Oddly TaxCloud 16b installed once on a clean Zen Cart 1.55f but only recorded the first configuration setting - 'TaxCloud Configuration Settings'.

That resulted in the lookup code for the other configuration settings to fail to fire.

There was no error message but the problem behaviour was that I could enter in all of my TaxCloud data in Admin > Locations/Taxes > TaxCloud Tax Calculation

and...

It would 'update' and show the data again on-screen - but the data wouldn't commit to the database and TaxCloud Enabled would remain 'false'.

Reload the page and it would all be blank again.

Because the code could see - 'TaxCloud Configuration Settings' it failed to load these tables into the db:
    'TaxCloud API ID', 'TaxCloud API Key', 'USPS_ID', 'Store Street Address', 'Store Zip Code', 'TaxCloud Enabled'

The Fix:

- Remove all entries of TaxCloud in the configuration and configuration_group
    - Navigate to Admin > Locations/Taxes > TaxCloud Tax Calculation
    - Enter Data

Success!

The code then fires correctly and installs the tables correctly.

I've installed a lot of modules over the years and occasionally 'removing and reinstalling' the files doesn't work and some modules do not have SQL database removal codes - in this case manually removing everything from the SQL database and reinstalling it DID work.

Important to note that the TaxCloud 16b fileset was intact, complete and merged properly on the server and - remains intact.
    Have you tried this on ZC 1.5.6 yet? Perhaps the changes you made will help fix the issues.

Plugin Contributions

One of our CC numbers was stolen last week. It's my opinion that TaxCloud was responsible for the breach. Visa spotted the problem and canceled the card.

Then TaxCloud tried to bill the canceled card, which of course bounced. TaxCloud charged my account $100 for a failed transaction fee. I'm guessing that little fee was buried in the TOS somewhere. I have never seen a fee for a failed transaction from any online vendor.

Anyone else have issues with TaxCloud billing last week?

Plugin Contributions

https://www.huginnsnest.com
    I am running a new installation of version 1.5.6b with PHP 7.2. The only pluggins I am running are Shipstation, USPS tracking, and Taxcloud. When taxcloud was initially installed, I would get a 500 internal error any time I tried to insert a new product, or edit images on existing products , insert a new category with an image, or edit the image of an existing product. I was also unable to veiw the admin>customers>orders screen. I uninstalled taxcloud and everything returned to working perfectly, and the problems returned when I reinstalled it. I merged(as best I know how) the overwrites in taxcloud package with the corresponding files in the ZC installation, and this appears to have fixed everything except for the order screen problem. It still returns a 500 internal error when I try to view that. Are there any suggestions on edits I may have missed? or other things that may resolve this issue? Thank you in advance...

Plugin Contributions

Any logs from TaxCloud? Look in your /logs/ folder.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Any logs from TaxCloud? Look in your /logs/ folder.
    Apologies for not supplying this in the first place. This is a little over my head to interpret.

Code:
    [15-Jun-2019 17:27:40 UTC] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=down_for_maintenance&zenid=1o0is3c50r78eo052rrpraeld0, IP address: ***.***.**.**
    #1  include(/home6/bnblittl/public_html/huginnsnest/includes/extra_datafiles/taxcloud_exemptions.php) called at [/home6/bnblittl/public_html/huginnsnest/includes/init_includes/init_file_db_names.php:80]
    #2  require(/home6/bnblittl/public_html/huginnsnest/includes/init_includes/init_file_db_names.php) called at [/home6/bnblittl/public_html/huginnsnest/includes/autoload_func.php:48]
    #3  require(/home6/bnblittl/public_html/huginnsnest/includes/autoload_func.php) called at [/home6/bnblittl/public_html/huginnsnest/includes/application_top.php:170]
    #4  require(/home6/bnblittl/public_html/huginnsnest/includes/application_top.php) called at [/home6/bnblittl/public_html/huginnsnest/index.php:26]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant EXEMPTION_HEADING_TITLE - assumed 'EXEMPTION_HEADING_TITLE' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home6/bnblittl/public_html/huginnsnest/includes/extra_datafiles/taxcloud_exemptions.php on line 19.

[15-Jun-2019 17:27:40 UTC] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=down_for_maintenance&zenid=1o0is3c50r78eo052rrpraeld0, IP address: ***.***.**.**
    #1  include(/home6/bnblittl/public_html/huginnsnest/includes/extra_datafiles/taxcloud_exemptions.php) called at [/home6/bnblittl/public_html/huginnsnest/includes/init_includes/init_file_db_names.php:80]
    #2  require(/home6/bnblittl/public_html/huginnsnest/includes/init_includes/init_file_db_names.php) called at [/home6/bnblittl/public_html/huginnsnest/includes/autoload_func.php:48]
    #3  require(/home6/bnblittl/public_html/huginnsnest/includes/autoload_func.php) called at [/home6/bnblittl/public_html/huginnsnest/includes/application_top.php:170]
    #4  require(/home6/bnblittl/public_html/huginnsnest/includes/application_top.php) called at [/home6/bnblittl/public_html/huginnsnest/index.php:26]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant EXEMPTION_TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS - assumed 'EXEMPTION_TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home6/bnblittl/public_html/huginnsnest/includes/extra_datafiles/taxcloud_exemptions.php on line 20.

--> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant TITLE_CONTINUE_CHECKOUT_PROCEDURE - assumed 'TITLE_CONTINUE_CHECKOUT_PROCEDURE' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home6/bnblittl/public_html/huginnsnest/includes/extra_datafiles/taxcloud_exemptions.php on line 21.

--> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant TEXT_CONTINUE_CHECKOUT_PROCEDURE - assumed 'TEXT_CONTINUE_CHECKOUT_PROCEDURE' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home6/bnblittl/public_html/huginnsnest/includes/extra_datafiles/taxcloud_exemptions.php on line 22.

--> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant EXEMPTION_TABLE_HEADING_NEW - assumed 'EXEMPTION_TABLE_HEADING_NEW' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home6/bnblittl/public_html/huginnsnest/includes/extra_datafiles/taxcloud_exemptions.php on line 25.
    I removed the IP address for this post. In the log it is there and accurate.

Plugin Contributions

OK these are only warnings so they're not the real problem. If I had to guess I'd say your merge of includes/classes/order.php was bad.

Plugin Contributions

Back up your merged copy of includes/classes/order.php then put the original one from the download in.
    Then see if your admin works again.

If it does, we'll have to change includes/classes/order.php. The issue is likely that this file and admin/includes/classes/order.php are now the same, so we'll have to check in includes/classes/order.php to see if we're in the admin. But do this test first so we're sure that's the issue.

Plugin Contributions

So I tried that and yes, it does get the admin>customer>orders page working again. Just out of curiosity, I looked at the admin/includes/classes/order.php file, and this is what it reads:

PHP Code:
    <?php
    // @deprecated since v1.5.6
    // Any code relying on this file existing should be refactored to 
    // load the class from the non-admin includes directory:
    include DIR_FS_CATALOG DIR_WS_CLASSES 'order.php';
    Looking at that, Im guessing there is probably something somewhere in the taxcloud fileset that will need to be modified to point strictly to the order.php file? or, since includes/classes/order.php file is the one that crashes that page, myabe it's all in there and Im overthinking it like I always do. My head is about to explode, lol.
    Last edited by jnorwood521; 16 Jun 2019 at 12:32 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I think the fix might be easy. Modify your copy of includes/classes/order.php as follows:
    Whereever you see
    Code:
    if ($TAXCLOUD_ENABLE =='true' ...
    change it to
    Code:
    if ($TAXCLOUD_ENABLE =='true'  && !IS_ADMIN_FLAG ...

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast