Thread: TaxCloud Addon

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: TaxCloud Addon

i like zc too, been using osc since 2001 and migrated to zc back in 2004 but it's too much of a pain to keep update with the core edits. i'm here to sell and make money, not spend most of my time worrying about zc crashing or being outdated because the newer version of php or mysql won't work with it and risking a breach.

zc, imo, isn't up with the times, again my opinion

Plugin Contributions

If your tax are not sophisticated, you can probably check Local Sales Tax Mod.

https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.p...=422&styleid=4

The latest mod is compatible with the latest 1.57 or 1.57d

Plugin Contributions

thx for the feedback.

I need to use a tax software/api plugin.

Got no choice.

I would be manually submitting taxes to over 25 states every month/quarter if I did it any other way.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by travbacon View Post
    i like zc too, been using osc since 2001 and migrated to zc back in 2004 but it's too much of a pain to keep update with the core edits. i'm here to sell and make money, not spend most of my time worrying about zc crashing or being outdated because the newer version of php or mysql won't work with it and risking a breach.

zc, imo, isn't up with the times, again my opinion
    Please accept this as a friendly poke.

I bet you don't check your oil often, either.

I was there at OSC with you and came here in 2004 as well.

Looking at the Latest Plugins/Addons list, I see just around a handful that modify core files. I would say that there has been a major shift to mods that spare core files. The addition of Plugin Manager to 1.5.7 was a leap in the install/update/delete in one place design. It will probably get better in 1.5.8.

One of our hosting customers has over fifteen major mods with none overwriting core files. There may be one or two that required merging a mod' defines into an existing file. It's not rocket science and there are free software solutions for merging.

ZC crashing due to a newer version of PHP/MySQL is almost always the host upgrading PHP/MyySQL without telling their client. If it isn't the fault of the host, the only other cause is the shop owner selecting the wrong version in their cpanel. (that's why many folks drop that feature in their customers' cPanels).

How is that ZCs fault? Mosts hosts will keep an old PHP a little past its EOL so, if you are using 1.5.5 or better, your host should be able to accomodate you.

Security? Of the box, both WP are quite secure. Modifying Zen Cart with any mod from the Plugins section is probably 99% secure. The mods are checked before being listed. You can also find forum members that have many commercial mods. It's only fair that major progamming efforts be rewarded.

I'm not sure that WP does such a thing but, I do know that they had 13.7 Million attacks from 16,000 IPs on December 9th, 2021. The cause? 4 plugins and a couple of templates with vulnerabilities with 1.6 million sites using at least one or more of them as their plugin(s).

I look at evey upgrade of ZC and any mod that makes things work better as an opportunity to better serve my customer in a secure environment.

Carlwhat just stepped up and gave us a solution to the changes in Square processsing and lat9 made sure that One Page Checkout works the the new chagges as well.

One a forum member - one a developer. All part of the team helping Zen Cart stay as current and secure as possible.

That's why, as a ZC certified host, we have WP turned off on our servers.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    ....Carlwhat just stepped up and gave us a solution to the changes in Square processsing and lat9 made sure that One Page Checkout works the the new chagges as well.

One a forum member - one a developer....
    i would suggest to you that this last statement is a bit mis-leading.

i would opine the we are BOTH forum members; and that we are BOTH developers.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Of course, you are correct. I was trying to point out that, for whatever reason, there are different levels of involvement but all can be contirbutors to Zen Cart.

Although involved in the development of certain aspects of Zen Cart, I do not possess the level of being able to committ a pull request on GitHub.

So, if someone wants ZC to be better.... Step Up. You can do it from any level.

Plugin Contributions

What are zen cart store owners using to process taxes in the U.S.?

I'm fairly high volume/low margin, so I need to push hard to make money.

Is there another plugin aside from Tax Cloud? I've seen Tax Jar mentioned in the past.

I would prefer to stay with Zen Cart, and I kinda hate the WP/Woocommerce db schema.

My carts don't really depend on too many plugins (stamps, sales tax plugin, sales report, some kind of captcha)

Plugin Contributions

Outside of the native Paypal payment module, I don't believe anything I use would impact a 3rd party Tax plugin

Plugin Contributions

A TaxJar plugin has been submitted for moderator approval.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516