Thread: TaxCloud Addon

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: TaxCloud Addon

Quote Originally Posted by Taxcloud View Post
    Hello Melanie,

We have had merchants report that COWA does not work with TaxCloud since it replaces some of the checkout code that TaxCloud relies on.

Currently in your cart it isn't making the call to compute the taxes, but it is making the call to commit the order. This is why you are getting the error message you are seeing.

It may be possible to get the two modules working together but it will take some coding changes. I can try to see if there is a simple fix for this. I will give it a try and let you know.
    Thank you much
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I was able to get this combination working by merging /includes/classes/order.php. Both of the add-ons modify this file.

Please send me a private message if you would like a copy of this file.

Plugin Contributions

Default State Sales Tax Lookup 1.5 - tax cloud

I installed this (1.5) tonight per the instructions, but when I log back into the admin secant there isn't a tax cloud section under the locations / taxes tab. I reuploaded all ( and yes I uploaded the admin folder contents to the renamed admin folder). Does anyone have any tips?

this should be easy

Plugin Contributions

It worked fine for me.

Does anything show up under the Modules/orders total screen? You should see "Discount Coupon" and "Exemption Certificates" listed with aqn entry in the next colomn startting with ot_TaxCloud

You may want to check to ensure that the files truly were loaded. If somehow a file was not properly loaded the first time, and the the file was in read-only mode, it may not have been re-written the second time.

If that doesn't work, I would back up your site, VERY CAREFULLY remove the files that were installed and do a fresh install.

Any other ideas out there?
    Steve Pembleton
    www.cheapjumprings.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SPembleton View Post
    It worked fine for me.

Does anything show up under the Modules/orders total screen? You should see "Discount Coupon" and "Exemption Certificates" listed with aqn entry in the next colomn startting with ot_TaxCloud

You may want to check to ensure that the files truly were loaded. If somehow a file was not properly loaded the first time, and the the file was in read-only mode, it may not have been re-written the second time.

If that doesn't work, I would back up your site, VERY CAREFULLY remove the files that were installed and do a fresh install.

Any other ideas out there?
    One other idea. (This one had me baffeled for a while) If you are on a linux server, directory names are case-sensitive. Make sure you didn't use the wrong name for your renamed admin folder by using the wrong case.
    Steve Pembleton
    www.cheapjumprings.com

Plugin Contributions

I am just testing out Tax Cloud. Using a test site for ZC 1.5, I tried the tax exemption option. After adding the info I selected "save" exemption and went to a white screen that just said "valid", and then stopped. When I hit the back button to my cart and refreshed, the tax was still there.
    Steve Pembleton
    www.cheapjumprings.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SPembleton View Post
    I am just testing out Tax Cloud. Using a test site for ZC 1.5, I tried the tax exemption option. After adding the info I selected "save" exemption and went to a white screen that just said "valid", and then stopped. When I hit the back button to my cart and refreshed, the tax was still there.
    I think I figured it out - It doesn't work when the site is down for maintenance. Is that the answer? It is working now.
    Steve Pembleton
    www.cheapjumprings.com

Plugin Contributions

Using ZenCart 1.5 (installed via FTP and zc_install) with only the USPS shipping option added and installed. I'm trying to use TaxCloud but having a problem where the tax amount is not being added to the total sent for payment (using Authorize.net AIM for payment). For example, an order with subtotal of $10 shows the correct tax amount of $0.72 and correct order total of $10.72 on the checkout payment information screen but the "x_amount" value being sent to the payment server is 10.00.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Hello, we have a fix for this specific issue. If you contact me directly I can email you the file. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete_srcs View Post
    Using ZenCart 1.5 (installed via FTP and zc_install) with only the USPS shipping option added and installed. I'm trying to use TaxCloud but having a problem where the tax amount is not being added to the total sent for payment (using Authorize.net AIM for payment). For example, an order with subtotal of $10 shows the correct tax amount of $0.72 and correct order total of $10.72 on the checkout payment information screen but the "x_amount" value being sent to the payment server is 10.00.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Great, thanks! I've sent you a PM with my e-mail.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast