Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: UK Shipping by Postcode

Quote Originally Posted by AndyVI
    What PHP version is your installation using?
    PHP Version 5.1.6
    Zen Cart 1.3.9h
    Please see php version issue
    Might ask your host about updating their php

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...964#post953964
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

Many thanks for that link kobra, the site is on a dedicated server I have since updated the php to PHP Version 5.3.6.

Still experiencing problems with PHxx PAxx KAxx postcode ranges, I have removed whitespace and tried just about every possible combination of zone rates etc..

Kind Regards

Andy

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by AndyVI View Post
    Still experiencing problems with PHxx PAxx KAxx postcode ranges, I have removed whitespace and tried just about every possible combination of zone rates etc..
    Hello Andy

I can't think of any good reason why the module isn't picking up on the postcodes you mention. Where I have it installed it on my own client sites it works on all postcodes as expected.

I'm clutching at straws here, but as I don't have it installed with CEON URI mapping on any sites, all I can think is, that module might be having some effect on it's operation.

The only way to check that out is install a test Zen Cart setup without CEON URI mapping, and see if it works then. Maybe you can try that?

Rgds
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

I spotted a small error in the postcode list of zone 2 in the distributed package...

Here is a small section of tht line..... Look at IV33... Little space in the middle... is that called white space?

,IV30,IV3,IV32,IV3 3,IV34,IV35,IV36

Plugin Contributions

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

Many thanks for that link kobra, the site is on a dedicated server I have since updated the php to PHP Version 5.3.6.

I had the very sme problem.. I went through the postcode list and at the end of each line, seemed to be 'spaces'.. so i removed them spaces... Seemed to fix it...

Plugin Contributions

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

Kind Regards

Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gertzy View Post
    I had the very sme problem.. I went through the postcode list and at the end of each line, seemed to be 'spaces'.. so i removed them spaces... Seemed to fix it...
    I should have also said... When I got zone 2 working, I anted to test zone 3 and 4... I only use one extra price for all of any zone 2 thru 4.. So, it would only work if I put the same price in the 2 fields of each zone... "Zone 3 Shipping Table" and "Zone 3 Handling Fee"... for some reason, if I only put in one or the other, got the same message about unable to calculate.

Plugin Contributions

Does anyone have this module working successfully with Google Checkout?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    firstly brilliant contribution. In case anyone else falls foul of PAXX etc 'problem'.
    Whats happening in my case at least is that whilst testing postcodes I enter PA22 not a full postcode.
    In ukpost.php
    if ($len <= 6) {$plen = 3;} else {$plen = 4;}
    strips of the last character and tests for PA2 which isn't found and defaults to zone 1. Testing other codes eg BT17 works because BT1 is.
    For now I'm adding
    if ($len == 4) {$plen = 4; } just after as I'm unsure whether customers would enter partial postcodes.
    Regards
    Gmak

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gmak View Post
    Hi,
    firstly brilliant contribution. In case anyone else falls foul of PAXX etc 'problem'.
    Whats happening in my case at least is that whilst testing postcodes I enter PA22 not a full postcode.
    Buyers are unlikely to fall foul of the 'PA22 problem' if they enter a valid and complete UK postcode in the shipping estimator or in the checkout.

The module is designed to estimate or apply shipping costs in the checkout based on the buyer entering a complete UK 5 or 6 digit postcode.

Your 'solution' will continue to cause incorrect shipping values to be returned in response to partial postcodes being entered.

If you want to create a partial 'idiot' trap in the module then.. UK postcodes are either 5 or 6 digits long, so you could do a test on the string to see if it's less than 5 characters, and return an error message if it is.

To do that...
    if you open /includes/modules/shipping/ukpost.php

Insert the line
    if ($len <= 4) {$error2 = true;} after $len = strlen($pcode); (around line 115)

Then add the line
    if ($error2 == true) $this->quotes['error'] = MODULE_SHIPPING_UKPOST_INVALID_POSTCODE; After the line if ($error == true) $this->quotes['error'] = MODULE_SHIPPING_UKPOST_INVALID_CODE;

Then open /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/ukpost.php

Add the line
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_UKPOST_INVALID_POSTCODE', 'Invalid Postcode Entered');

Plugin Contributions

Your 'solution' will continue to cause incorrect shipping values to be returned in response to partial postcodes being entered.

Thanks for the quick response, not intended as a solution hence the 'for now' that said I suppose it needs to be clear.

The idiot test info very helpfull, will definitely implement in some form or other.
    Cheers G

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast