Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: UK Shipping by Postcode

Hi mike

great add-on, but seem to be having a problem when i want use calculation method: weight. It just gives me the line:

UK Postcode (Parcel To: (0 x 0.00Kg)) £0.00

if I change to method: Item, then it detects the postcode and gives me the price that's in the shipping table.

My product weight is set to 1kg so should defo show up a price as there are much ratios set in the table.

Is there certain elements/fields I need to consider if using by weight method?

tx,
    Jay

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by 4jDesigns View Post
    My product weight is set to 1kg so should defo show up a price as there are much ratios set in the table. Is there certain elements/fields I need to consider if using by weight method?
    Product weight values in Zen Cart are defined as numeric values such as 1 or 2 etc. You can also enter decimal values like 1.5 or 0.25 etc - The weight field should not contain alpha characters like Kg or Lbs

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for the misunderstanding, it's set to 1, without the kg. but still not getting an amount.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by 4jDesigns View Post
    Sorry for the misunderstanding, it's set to 1, without the kg. but still not getting an amount.
    Firstly, try installing the standard Zones module, which the UKPOST module is based on, and see if the same problem exists with that. If it does, then you have a config error of some sort in your general Zen Cart setup.

If your original post is referring to UK Postcode (Parcel To: (0 x 0.00Kg)) £0.00 showing in the Shipping Estimator, then it seems there is a bug in the Shipping estimator on some server/php systems - If that's the case then the correct shipping value should still show correctly in the customer checkout.

The weight-price values set in the UKPOST module are defined like 0.01:1.39,0.25:1.72,0.50:2.24,0.75:2.75,1.00:3.35,1.25:4.50 ,1.50:5.20,1.75:5.90,2.0:6.60,250.0:18.45

The last weight-price value must be the set high, i.e. such as 250.0:18.45 for the reason explained on my website
    http://www.zenned.co.uk/shipping-by-uk-postcode.html

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for getting back to me.

Will check up on the standard zones module to see if that's the problem, but i am using the shipping estimator as you said and that's where it does give me that value.

Will have a look at it in a bit and let you know a bit more

p.s. I have the weight-price values set as you defined them.

Plugin Contributions

Not sure if this makes sense, but...

If I have the weight value = 0 for a product, it tells me UK Postcode (Parcel To: (1 x 0.00Kg)) £1.39... which makes sense, but as soon as I put any other value in it reverts to (0 x 0.00Kg)) £0.00, even will a high ratio of 250 in each shipping table.

btw it is also doing it in checkout as well as shipping estimator.

Will play around a bit more, but let me know if you now something extra,

Thanks,
    Jay

Plugin Contributions

Hi Mark

I noticed you said I should try installing standard Zones module, but which one would be the standard zones module?

Currently I have UK counties install (http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=299)

This is most likely causing my problem, could you please send me a link to the module that best works with yours.

Thanks.
    Jay

Plugin Contributions

I did a fresh install an loaded your module, it works fine except that I noticed that my product has a weight of 3lbs and the shipping estimator shows a weight of 6Kg (which its gives the value for correctly 6:6.99)... Does your module convert Lbs to Kg? As the site I am having an issue with I have set my language file to show Kg instead of lbs.

Plugin Contributions

Another thing I have noticed is that if I put in handling fees for each zone it is correctly added to my delivery in respect to my chosen postcode.

If that helps?

With regards to your comment about standard zones, is your module more aimed at the countries setup which defines the address_format? If so, then my country 'United Kingdom' is using format '6' which I think is the standard format for the UK.
    Last edited by 4jDesigns; 20 Feb 2012 at 04:52 PM.

Plugin Contributions

We are dealing with shipping so I was suggesting you try the Zone Rates shipping module not Geo Zones, or Localization settings...

The UK Postcodes module doesn't convert lbs to kg, that isn't necessary... Weight is just a numeric value and can equally refer to grams, ounces, lbs, kg, tons etc. The postcode module uses the value as set in the weight field of the product entry.

The weight of the final order is just a combined summary of the numeric weight values.

Any weight suffix (grams, ounces, lbs, kg, tons) is fetched from the language file and is appended to the final number (weight).

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast