Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: UK Shipping by Postcode

Just wanted to thank the developer Mike for recoding the module to work with my configuration - so thank you Mike!

Claire

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I hope you can help me. I am working on www.thaigardennewbarnet.co.uk. The customer only delivers to a few post codes within London. I have set my zones as just 1, and in Zen Cart this is what is in my module:

Enable PostCode Method
    True

Calculation Method
    Price

Tax Class
    --none--

Tax Basis
    Shipping

Sort Order

Zone 1 Post Codes
    EN1,EN2,EN4,EN5,EN6,N3,N11,N12,N13,N21,NW7,WD6

Zone 1 Shipping Table
    1000:0.00

Zone 1 Handling Fee

However, when I try to place an order with postcode SE18 6JH, it does not give any error messages that the shop does not deliver to that post code. What have I done wrong here?

Plugin Contributions

Hi Zenned,

Your UKPost module is really great. Would you consider adding this coding to the module download? I only ask because I've been troubled with why this wasn't working all day and close to removing it completely, until I found this. I'm sure others would appreciate it too.

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Z3NN3D View Post
    Buyers are unlikely to fall foul of the 'PA22 problem' if they enter a valid and complete UK postcode in the shipping estimator or in the checkout.

The module is designed to estimate or apply shipping costs in the checkout based on the buyer entering a complete UK 5 or 6 digit postcode.

Your 'solution' will continue to cause incorrect shipping values to be returned in response to partial postcodes being entered.

If you want to create a partial 'idiot' trap in the module then.. UK postcodes are either 5 or 6 digits long, so you could do a test on the string to see if it's less than 5 characters, and return an error message if it is.

To do that...
    if you open /includes/modules/shipping/ukpost.php

Insert the line
    if ($len <= 4) {$error2 = true;} after $len = strlen($pcode); (around line 115)

Then add the line
    if ($error2 == true) $this->quotes['error'] = MODULE_SHIPPING_UKPOST_INVALID_POSTCODE; After the line if ($error == true) $this->quotes['error'] = MODULE_SHIPPING_UKPOST_INVALID_CODE;

Then open /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/ukpost.php

Add the line
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_UKPOST_INVALID_POSTCODE', 'Invalid Postcode Entered');

Completely Stuck please help!

I have installed everything correctly and it seems to be working for the most part, But on the checkout page 1 it shows as 0, when you click next step the correct amount shows.

Ive been looking and looking and trying to find the answer!

Please help!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for this add-on, very useful.

I wondered if there would be an easy way to have it show only when the order is shipping to the UK? At present it is a 'not applicable' shipping option to international customers. Which is fine, but it would be nicer if it wasn't there at all.

Cheers!

Plugin Contributions

Brexit problems.

I am now not able to ship to Northern Ireland and need a way to exclude those postcodes from this shipping module.

To start with I just raised the shipping cost to those postcodes massively so people would not purchase, but that does not look good for my shops.

Is there a way to set one of the shipping zones to be a "No delivery" zone so if a customer tries to purchase using a postcode in that zone they get a message "Sorry but we are not able to ship to your address" message?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Congerman View Post
    Brexit problems.

I am now not able to ship to Northern Ireland and need a way to exclude those postcodes from this shipping module.

To start with I just raised the shipping cost to those postcodes massively so people would not purchase, but that does not look good for my shops.

Is there a way to set one of the shipping zones to be a "No delivery" zone so if a customer tries to purchase using a postcode in that zone they get a message "Sorry but we are not able to ship to your address" message?
    Can anyone help with this?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Congerman View Post
    Can anyone help with this?
    Hi
    Have you tried removing all the NI post codes usually in zone 3 in the shipping module and also removing all the NI towns in Zones?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ianhg View Post
    Hi
    Have you tried removing all the NI post codes usually in zone 3 in the shipping module and also removing all the NI towns in Zones?
    That is what I ended up doing, thanks for the reply

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456