Plugin Contributions

application error Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded - At random times

I have installed ZenCart a while ago, and recently gotten complains about ZenCart being really slow and people are getting random Fatal Errors (Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded). My website is really slow at times and almost impossible for a customer to access. When it is not as slow I do not get error messages.

My host is GoDaddy on Windows OS.

ZenCart version is v1.3.8

With PHP 5 and all.

Please advise on what can be done about that as GoDaddy told me it is my internal problem. Their customer service is garbage.

Any help in this matter will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded - At random times

My host is GoDaddy on Windows OS.
    Best advice? Get off of GD and use a Unix server.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

application error Re: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded - At random times

Yeah that is what we are planning to do in the near future. But is there a particular reason why it may happen? Maybe a quick fix for this problem that may be possible?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

I have worked on many sites that use GoDaddy, and not just Zen Cart. All of them have this problem.

GoDaddy crowds their servers- or packs them beyond capacity, causing this problem.

Quickest fix? Find the 'certified hosts' link in this forum. (top of this page)

Plugin Contributions

application error Re: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded - At random times

Well, I will have to do that in the upcoming month or so, thinking about switching to BlueHost from GD...

In the meantime I have sent an email to GD tech support to see if they can give me a feedback, which is highly unlikely as they never provide any good help. Thanks to all who responded.

I was worried that my PHP fatal errors because of execution time could be because of the code or something that I may have messed up in the store. My other PHP pages aside from the store work fine, but they are no where near the size of ZenCart, so most likely they overload their servers to the max

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by spetznaz2588 View Post
    so most likely they overload their servers to the max
    Actually, they load their servers WAY BEYOND the max. And that's why their performance is abysmal.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.