Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Free Shipping Qualifier SideBox and Shopping Cart Module V2.0 [Support Thread]

I have submitted the mod Free Shipping Qualifier SideBox Module V2.0.

It is based on the Free Shipping Qualifier SideBox Module V1.x

This mod allows you to show free shipping information

1. in your shopping cart side box - AND -
    2. on your shopping cart page

prompting your customers to add a bit more to their cart in order to qualify for Free Shipping.

The Shopping Cart page and/or the Shopping Cart Sidebox displays something like:

"Add $XX.XX to your cart to qualify for Free Shipping" OR "Your order qualifies for Free Shipping!" OR "Free Shipping for orders of $XX.XX or more."

The Free Shipping calculation is based on the cart's sub-total BEFORE discounts. This means that the deduction of any discount vouchers, redeemed reward points, Better Together discounts etc will not affect Free Shipping to be granted. This way it is unlikely that you get irate messages from upset customers. Be careful though that you don't discount too much - it can be costly!!

This mod can be adapted for multiple languages. Please read the appropriate section in the readme.html file about how to achieve this.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=394

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Shipping Qualifier SideBox and Shopping Cart Module V2.0 [Support Thread]

I am experiencing a small problem with this add-on which is probably related to something that I have done.
    In the Shopping Cart Sidebox, I see the following when the cart is empty...

Your cart is empty.
    TEXT_ALERT_FREE_SHIPPING$150.00TEXT_ALERT_OR_MORE

However if I add something under $150.00, I see the following...

1ea.- DP-65 GLOBAL
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    $72.00

You only need to add $78.00 to your order to qualify for Free Shipping to Canadian destinations!

If I then discard this item from the cart, and refresh the page, then I see the proper text as follows...
    Your cart is empty.
    Free Shipping for orders of $150.00 or more to Canadian destinations!

I see the same results using Internet Explorer and the latest Firefox.
    I have installed the 3 files and modified the stylesheet.css as per the readme (for release 2).
    I have also set the Modules > Order Total > Shipping, and Modules > Shipping as per the readme.

The temp URL is http://www.sonicscience.com/store139
    It is a Zen-Cart v1.3.9h store with a few addons such as Sale Ending, CSS Flyout Menu, Add Customers from Admin, Contest System, and a couple of modified "Blank Sidebox" addons that are currently disabled for testing.

Database is 1.3.9g
    PHP 5.1.6, MySQL 5.0.77

I have a few other issues that I don't think are related such as the CSS menus appearing under the flash graphics.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Shipping Qualifier SideBox and Shopping Cart Module V2.0 [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by sonic View Post
    I am experiencing a small problem with this add-on which is probably related to something that I have done.
    In the Shopping Cart Sidebox, I see the following when the cart is empty...

Your cart is empty.
    TEXT_ALERT_FREE_SHIPPING$150.00TEXT_ALERT_OR_MORE

However if I add something under $150.00, I see the following...
    It appears that the definitions for TEXT_ALERT_FREE_SHIPPING and TEXT_ALERT_OR_MORE are not loading.

You may want to add the language defines

Code:
    // edit these defines to work with your Free Shipping Qualifier add-on
    define('TEXT_ALERT_IN_CART', 'You only need to add ');
    define('TEXT_ALERT_QUALIFY', ' to your order to qualify for Free Shipping to Canadian destinations!');
    define('TEXT_ALERT_NOW_QUALIFIED', 'Your order qualifies for Free Shipping to Canadian destinations! ');
    define('TEXT_ALERT_FREE_SHIPPING', 'Free Shipping for orders of ');
    define('TEXT_ALERT_OR_MORE', '  or more to Canadian destinations!');
    to your includes/languages/YOUR_TEMPLATE/english.php file instead of adding them to your includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/shopping_cart.php file as recommended in the Readme of the package.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much Frank, that solved the problem. Donation is on the way to you.

Plugin Contributions

Frank,

Thanks so much for a very useful mod.
    I've use part of your code and added it to the tpl_header.php and then turned the shopping_cart box off.
    you can see it at http://www.drjillsfootpads.com/index.php
    Again thank you so much for a great job done!
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/images/smilies/clap.gif

Plugin Contributions

instead of adding them to your includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/shopping_cart.php file as recommended in the Readme of the package.
    I would recommend using (in the package) a new file in /includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/ so users do not have to edit anything to get base functionality. If they want to customize the text, they will of course have to edit a language file.

/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/free_shipping_sidebox_definitions.php
    or something.