Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Shipping Qualifier SideBox and Shopping Cart Module V2.0 [Support Thread]

If the FREE SHIPPING module is active and shown to the customer during checkout, all other modules automatically disappear. That is standard ZC logic. You either offer Free Shipping or you don't (based on certain pre-determined criteria).

To enable free shipping for customers and at the same time offer other shipping options to customers, you need to use the Free Shipping Options module instead.

The Free Shipping Options module allows you to specify different conditions for a customer to qualify for free shipping. For example, when the total order exceeds a certain amount or weight, or when the total number of items bought is above a certain threshold value.

This 'Free Shipping Qualifier SideBox and Shopping Cart Module' has not been tested to work with the built-in Free Shipping Options module.

You may want to do some testing yourself and post your findings here.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Shipping Qualifier SideBox and Shopping Cart Module V2.0 [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by smoke133 View Post
    I got this module working. My question is, is there anyway to get this module to work with the Free Shipping Rules module? The way it is set up now is in order for it to show how much more you need to add to your cart to qualify for free shipping, you have to have the "Allow Free Shipping" option on. The problem with this is that it overrides all other shipping option if your order is over the total set for the free shipping. When they go to checkout, it does not give them other shipping options then. Just the free shipping.
    You said it! Did you work on this problem?

I thought it was a great addition to my cart when I got the module to work but then after playing with it I decided to drop it because it does not give the choice to select other shipping methods or carriers.

Example: What if the user qualifies for FREE shipping but couldn't care less? What if he wants is to have his stuff shipped UPS overnight?

What did you end up doing smoke133?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by runlikeagirl View Post
    You said it! Did you work on this problem?

I thought it was a great addition to my cart when I got the module to work but then after playing with it I decided to drop it because it does not give the choice to select other shipping methods or carriers.

Example: What if the user qualifies for FREE shipping but couldn't care less? What if he wants is to have his stuff shipped UPS overnight?

What did you end up doing smoke133?
    This mod has not been tested with the Free Shipping Rules module (by Numinix - designed for ZC version 1.3.8a) nor was it designed to seamlessly work with the Free Shipping Rules module.

As we are now up to ZC version 1.3.9h (which this mod is tested on) and the Free Shipping Rules module is based on 1.3.8a, it may take some effort (and considerable time) to merge the 2 mods and test the resulting logic to the effect that it can be submitted as a (merged) update.

Sadly, time is something I am bit short of at the moment ...

Plugin Contributions

I came across this post while trying to find a solution to the Free Shipping Qualifier mod not working in my shopping cart due to using the freeoptions module and not the ot_shipping & freeshipper modules. I found a solution that worked for me and wanted to share.

My store version 1.3.9h… in my ot_shipping module I set my free shipping dollar amount to what I wanted and set the Allow Free Shipping to false. I kept my freeoptions settings the way they were. Opened the tpl_shopping_cart_default.php file and found the line that contains
    Code:
    if (MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING == 'true')
    I changed the true to false. Worked fine once that was changed. I do not have the freeshipper module installed.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by YouLookGreat View Post
    I came across this post while trying to find a solution to the Free Shipping Qualifier mod not working in my shopping cart due to using the freeoptions module and not the ot_shipping & freeshipper modules. I found a solution that worked for me and wanted to share.

My store version 1.3.9h… in my ot_shipping module I set my free shipping dollar amount to what I wanted and set the Allow Free Shipping to false. I kept my freeoptions settings the way they were. Opened the tpl_shopping_cart_default.php file and found the line that contains
    Code:
    if (MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING == 'true')
    I changed the true to false. Worked fine once that was changed. I do not have the freeshipper module installed.
    Thanks for sharing this. It may help others

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Is there any way to have the text not show up if free shipping is not available based on zone? So we don't offer free shipping to customers outside of the US, but the text indicating "add X more dollars" is still visible for those customers.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Terrill_Taylor View Post
    Hi,

Is there any way to have the text not show up if free shipping is not available based on zone? So we don't offer free shipping to customers outside of the US, but the text indicating "add X more dollars" is still visible for those customers.

Thanks.
    In Admin > Modules > Shipping Modules > Free Shipping Options set Shipping Zone to USA.

Set Total >= Free Shipping when Total >= (your free $$ amount)

This ensures that free shipping is only available to USA destinations.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply. I'm almost certain that is how it was set. I ran a test where I logged in as a user from outside the US, the text indicating that X dollars was needed to qualify for free shipping was still visible even though the option for free shipping was not available at the shipping selection page.

Plugin Contributions

Just tested this mod on a ZC 1.5 install and can report that it works perfectly without modification.

Plugin Contributions

Hello
    As this is designed to work with OT_Shipping and applies to the whole site being set to free shipping, can it be changed to work with the Shipping module "Free shipping options" by just changing instances of your modified files where:
    MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING is used to:
    MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEOPTIONS

The example that YouLookGreat used works only if the complete site is free shipping.

I have only 1 category set up for free shipping using the shipping free options module and am looking for a way to make it clear for the customer what needs to be done.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated
    John

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast