Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Shipping Qualifier SideBox and Shopping Cart Module V2.0 [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by catach View Post
    .....I have only 1 category set up for free shipping using the shipping free options module and am looking for a way to make it clear for the customer what needs to be done.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated
    John
    If you only have one single category with products which are not attracting a shipping charge, and you don't want to offer free shipping for orders over a certain threshold if other products are purchased, then it would be a waste of time and effort to install this mod.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Shipping Qualifier SideBox and Shopping Cart Module V2.0 [Support Thread]

Hi
    I only have 1 category but have a threshold that needs to be met, In my case $30. It is nice the way you have set this up so that the customer can see how much more they need to add to their cart
    John

Plugin Contributions

Hi catach did you try it out?
    I take you are referring to Numinix Free Shipping Rules
    Did it work with the free shipping module?
    If yes a how to would help, others maybe struggling with it.
    If no then let us know it would save time for other people trying it out?

Plugin Contributions

I am a known dummy, Frank, so I have not been able to figure out - is this meant to work with 'ot_shipping' module under Order Total? or freeoptions module under Shipping? or both? TIA

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I just noticed on the download page, the "both" answer qualifies. Going to try this out, thanks!

Plugin Contributions

I suppose the info on the download page is wrong, or I am missing something. I have free shipping offered by the 'freeoptions' module under 'Shipping' only, not the 'ot_shipping' module, and the cart sidebox is not showing the additional text. I am a coding dummy, so I am checking, if I replace the following code

Code:
    if (MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING == 'true') {
      $free_limit = MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING_OVER;
    with

Code:
    if (MODULE_SHIPPING_FREE_OPTIONS_FREE_SHIPPING == 'true') {
      $free_limit = MODULE_SHIPPING_FREE_OPTIONS_FREE_SHIPPING_OVER;
    would that make it work for my case? The only other question I would have, is it FREE_OPTIONS or FREEOPTIONS in the db?

Plugin Contributions

OK, with 'ot_shipping' turned on with the same $ amount as in 'freeoptions' the add-on text does show in the shopping cart, but NOT in the sidebox. I have checked the location of all the over ride files, and I have checked the code of the tpl_cart_summary.php file, and everything seems to be correct.

If you are not running your shop in Australia and your 'ot_shipping' option is set to 'national' you need to change your /languages/english/extra definitions/[custom]/ free_shipping_qualifier_defines.php file to reflect your country.

I notice frank18 has not supported this for close to a year now. It would be nice if there were an indicator for whether add-ons are being actively supported or not, because it would make a big difference in choosing add-ons, at least for me anyway. Anyone know of another actively supported add-on that does what this claims to do?

Plugin Contributions

OK, I figured this out - there are 2 sideboxes, one called Cart Summary and the other Shopping Cart (hmm, why???), you need to have the second turned on in 'Layout Boxes Controller' not the first. Or, you can copy over the add-on code from tpl_shopping_cart.php to tpl_cart_summary.php so that it works with either box, but I have not tested it for appearance.

Plugin Contributions

Is it possible to make your free shipping sidebox work with Advanced Shipper?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by strelitzia View Post
    Is it possible to make your free shipping sidebox work with Advanced Shipper?
    I have not tested this mod with Advanced Shipper so I don't know if the 2 would work together in harmony. You may want to try this on a local clone of your site before applying to a live store.

Please let us know how you go with that.

Cheers / Frank

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123