Default Can't seem to get template on the admin/tools/template selection

Hi ya'll,
    I am having a serious noob problem. I'm using 1.3.9 zen and I've been trying for days to install templates-pinkywinky, mystic river, and ocean front just to see if one worked better than the other. I've follow what I thought was the install instructions, but I can seem to get the templates to show up in zencart's admin-tools-template selection area. I use filezilla and I've uploaded the includes folder to the remote site-/includes/templates but still nothing!!! please help!!!
    P.S. if this has been discussed before I didn't find it and I'm sorry!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't seem to get template on the admin/tools/template selection

I can't speak to those particular templates, but in most cases, the includes folder from the template package would be uploaded to the root directory of your site, not /templates.

If you look through the template package folders, you'll see that the whole necessary directory 'tree' is already included.

Thanks for the quick reply steve!! I've tried uploading the includes folder from my p.c. to the remote site: / also...am I mistaken the / is the root right? because I've tried that also to no avail BLAH!!!! I know I'm missing something so simple its making this hard!!! lol

Plugin Contributions

In most cases, the root directory is public_html, unless you've installed Zencart in a subdirectory like /store, then that would be the root. In any case, drop the includes folder from the template package in the same directory where your (renamed) admin folder resides.

OMG Steve!!!! THANKS SOOOO MUCH!!! I feel like a numbnut, yes my cart is in a subdirectory it's /catalog!! Makes sense now, I'll try this again later and probably be back on with more goofy questions!! You're the best!!

Plugin Contributions

I have the EXACT same problem, but none of those solutions worked I use v1.5.0 and I have FileZilla. I have uploaded 2 Zen Cart templates. They are now in these folders:
    public_html
    in public_html/store
    public_html/store/includes
    public_html/includes/templates.
    The only place it doesnt show is public_html/store/includes/templates, but I put it there too.

Plugin Contributions

Your set-up looks like it would be if you had two zencarts: 1. One in your root under public_html and 2. another under public_html/store.

A link or non-text address to your site always helps. I don't know why so many don't do this right off when asking for help.
    Last edited by SPH; 19 Aug 2012 at 07:43 AM.
    Steve
    prommart.com