Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Numinix Product Fields(description2)

I'm trying to get the description2 field to work. I have all the other options working for this module. My problem with the description2 is when I try to add a description in the Products Description 2 field, it does not save the it into the DB and does not show up on the product page.

If I enter it manually into the DB, it will save it there and show up on my product page. If I go back into the product editor it will be there, but if I try editing it, it will disappear.

Why is this not writing it to the DB?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Numinix Product Fields(description2)

Not familiar with the module you mentioned. Do you have a link to it?

Also, some modules have a thread dedicated to it for questions such as yours. Does this module have its own thread?

selcyis Guest

How do you make "numinix" product fields show up on the product page??

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by selcyis View Post
    How do you make "numinix" product fields show up on the product page??
    Depends on which field. All of the fields have a bit of code required to 'show up' on the product info page. Explained in the numinix dox.

selcyis Guest

Here is my DB with the custom fields I created. Also I named all 4 files that go in the admin folder, details.php
    I have it working great with the drop ship that was provided from my supplier. All fields call into my products backend page, now I want to show the fields in the products page in a spry tab I have created.
    Code:
    ALTER TABLE products ADD products_Detailed_Description varchar(32) NULL default NULL after products_model;
    ALTER TABLE products ADD products_Plating_Color varchar(32) NULL default NULL after products_model;
    ALTER TABLE products ADD products_Style varchar(32) NULL default NULL after products_model;
    ALTER TABLE products ADD products_Stone_Colors varchar(32) NULL default NULL after products_model;
    ALTER TABLE products ADD products_Base_Metal varchar(32) NULL default NULL after products_model;
    ALTER TABLE products ADD products_Setting_Type varchar(32) NULL default NULL after products_model;
    ALTER TABLE products ADD products_Clasp varchar(32) NULL default NULL after products_model;

INSERT INTO product_type_layout (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, product_type_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES 
    (NULL, 'Show Product Detailed Description', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_INFO_Detailed_Description', '0', 'Show the detailed description on the product info page?', 1, 17, NULL, NOW(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'1\', \'0\'),');
    (NULL, 'Show Product Plating Color', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_INFO_Plating_Color', '0', 'Show the plating color on the product info page?', 1, 17, NULL, NOW(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'1\', \'0\'),');
    (NULL, 'Show Product style', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_INFO_Style', '0', 'Show the style on the product info page?', 1, 17, NULL, NOW(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'1\', \'0\'),');
    (NULL, 'Show Product Stone Colors', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_INFO_Stone_Colors', '0', 'Show the stone colors on the product info page?', 1, 17, NULL, NOW(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'1\', \'0\'),');
    (NULL, 'Show Product Base Metal', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_INFO_Base_Metal', '0', 'Show the base metal on the product info page?', 1, 17, NULL, NOW(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'1\', \'0\'),');
    (NULL, 'Show Product Setting Type', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_INFO_Setting_Type', '0', 'Show the setting type on the product info page?', 1, 17, NULL, NOW(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'1\', \'0\'),');
    (NULL, 'Show Product Clasp', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_INFO_Clasp', '0', 'Show the clasp on the product info page?', 1, 17, NULL, NOW(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'1\', \'0\'),');
    This is the code I created to show on the products page. Doesn't seem to work though!
    PHP Code:
    <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_detailed_description == and $products_detailed_description != '') ? '<li>' TEXT_PRODUCT_DETAILED_DESCRIPTION $products_chain '</li>' '') . "\n"?>
    Also another code I used.
    PHP Code:
    <?php if ($products_detailed_description != '') { ?>
    <div id="productDescription" class="productGeneral biggerText"><?php echo stripslashes($products_detailed_description); ?></div>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <?php ?>
    Still confused...

selcyis Guest

SMOKE 133!
    Witch PHP did you use for your other modules?
    Last edited by selcyis; 16 Nov 2012 at 03:17 AM.

selcyis Guest

Here is the module download link: https://www.numinix.com/zen-cart-mod...-fields-dl-800
    The module has a thread but no one has replied and I need to get this done asap.
    ANY THOUGHTS?

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    Not familiar with the module you mentioned. Do you have a link to it?

Also, some modules have a thread dedicated to it for questions such as yours. Does this module have its own thread?

selcyis Guest

Witch PHP code did you use to make the fields appear?
    Quote Originally Posted by smoke133 View Post
    I'm trying to get the description2 field to work. I have all the other options working for this module. My problem with the description2 is when I try to add a description in the Products Description 2 field, it does not save the it into the DB and does not show up on the product page.

If I enter it manually into the DB, it will save it there and show up on my product page. If I go back into the product editor it will be there, but if I try editing it, it will disappear.

Why is this not writing it to the DB?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You've got a lot of inconsistencies in what you've done. I can't tell if it's because you're making assumptions and totally guessing, or if you're actually being very intentional about what you're doing and actually want all that much complexity to it.

1. Why are you using uppercase letters in your field names? Was that something you just randomly chose to do? Take note that all the field names in the tables that come with Zen Cart use only lowercase letters. If you're going to start adding uppercase letters, make sure you do it consistently in every place that you're actually referring to real field names.
    ie: products_Detailed_Description, products_Plating_Color, etc

2. And then when you added the product-type switches, you broke pattern and started adding mixed-case again. Normally those switch names ARE_IN_ALL_UPPER_CASE like SHOW_PRODUCT_INFO_WEIGHT_ATTRIBUTES instead of SHOW_PRODUCT_INFO_Detailed_Description

3. Do you even need those switches anyway? Are you intending to use all of those display fields on your site? If so, why not just stuff them into your output for display without bothering with switches to turn them off/on base on a particular product type? The code you posted shows that you're only adding them for a single product-type anyway, so that suggests to me that you're not really trying to be that diverse, and thus the switches are completely redundant.

4. To make certain fields available for output in the template, normally you would add those field names (or add a generic "*") to the SQL SELECT statement in that page's main_template_vars.php file and then access the retrieved values for output in your template by echoing it out at whatever spot you wish it to display:
    For example: echo $product_info->fields['products_url'];

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

selcyis Guest

Hello DRByte.
    Thank you for your quick response. I was actually trying to figure this module out. I've never tried to create a XML Feed, so this is very new to me. With the fields, Im not going to use all the fields required from the drop ship. You are right, I should only choose important fields that are going to be displayed in the products page for a propose.

Im going to try and following your steps. Hopeful it should work of me.
    I'll you know, Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    You've got a lot of inconsistencies in what you've done. I can't tell if it's because you're making assumptions and totally guessing, or if you're actually being very intentional about what you're doing and actually want all that much complexity to it.

1. Why are you using uppercase letters in your field names? Was that something you just randomly chose to do? Take note that all the field names in the tables that come with Zen Cart use only lowercase letters. If you're going to start adding uppercase letters, make sure you do it consistently in every place that you're actually referring to real field names.
    ie: products_Detailed_Description, products_Plating_Color, etc

2. And then when you added the product-type switches, you broke pattern and started adding mixed-case again. Normally those switch names ARE_IN_ALL_UPPER_CASE like SHOW_PRODUCT_INFO_WEIGHT_ATTRIBUTES instead of SHOW_PRODUCT_INFO_Detailed_Description

3. Do you even need those switches anyway? Are you intending to use all of those display fields on your site? If so, why not just stuff them into your output for display without bothering with switches to turn them off/on base on a particular product type? The code you posted shows that you're only adding them for a single product-type anyway, so that suggests to me that you're not really trying to be that diverse, and thus the switches are completely redundant.

4. To make certain fields available for output in the template, normally you would add those field names (or add a generic "*") to the SQL SELECT statement in that page's main_template_vars.php file and then access the retrieved values for output in your template by echoing it out at whatever spot you wish it to display:
    For example: echo $product_info->fields['products_url'];

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast