Plugin Contributions

Default Renamed Admin Folder - Issues

v1.3.9 clean, new install

So I'm going through the security check list sticky post. Changed admin folder name to Q#75z14!, 404 errors when tried to navigate there. Linux server, thought maybe it was choking on the special characters and caps. Renamed to something simpler.

Changed permissions in the new_name/includes/configure.php file to ensure I could overwrite old file. New file is correct on server.

In config file changed =
    define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/store/new_name/');
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/store/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN', '/store/new_name/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/store/');
    and
    define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home3/phoenja2/public_html/store/new_name/');
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home3/phoenja2/public_html/store/');

Used an https url for all servers. And set SSL admin to true. Have a dedicated IP addie and Security Certificate.

Now when I go to log in to admin, get the log in screen, type in my name and password. When I hit enter, URL field in Firefox reverts to the directory I renamed ie https://www.phoenixwoodworks.net/sto...z14!/login.php and I get a 404 error. Cleared cache, no difference.

Wha'd I miss?!
    Fine Handcrafted Boxes & Custom Woodworking
    bruce AT phoenixwoodworks DOT net
    http://www.phoenixwoodworks.net

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Renamed Admin Folder - Issues

Have searched the configure.php and login.php files for an overlooked reference to old directory name (Q#75z14!), nowhere to be found. Yes, checked the copies currently on the server to make sure they took the edit. (Edited locally and FTPd new versions.) They are in the correct directories with the corrections to /store/new_name/ Hep me, hep me!

Oh, yeah. Told Firefox NOT to remember my password for login. Thought that might have somehow been the issue. But, nooooo!

Plugin Contributions

Noted this caution on another thread, in login.php this line is set for SSL admin.

zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'SSL'));

Plugin Contributions

Default Renamed Admin Folder - Issues

Posted this in General Questions and wondered if that were the proper place for the topic. Not receiving a response after more than a day, and unable to find a previous thread that addresses the issue, I'm trying it again here. Hope that's not poor form.

So I'm going through the "Security Check List" sticky post. Changed admin folder name to Q#75z14!, 404 errors when tried to navigate there. Linux server, so thought maybe it was choking on the special characters and caps. Renamed to something simpler.

Now when I go to log in to admin, get the log in screen, type in my username and password. When I hit enter, URL field in Firefox reverts to the directory I renamed ie https://www.phoenixwoodworks.net/store/ Q#75z14!/ login.php and I get a 404 error. Cleared cache, no difference. Cleared cookies too.

v1.3.9 clean, new install.

Steps I've taken -

In config file changed =
    define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/store/new_name/');
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/store/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN', '/store/new_name/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/store/');
    and
    define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home3/phoenja2/public_html/store/new_name/');
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home3/phoenja2/public_html/store/');

Used an https url for all servers. And set SSL admin to true. Have a dedicated IP addie and my own Security Certificate.

Have searched the configure.php and login.php files for an overlooked reference to old directory name (Q#75z14!), nowhere to be found. Yes, checked the copies currently on the server to make sure they took the edit. (Edited locally and FTPd new versions.) They are in the correct directories with the corrections to /store/new_name/

Oh, yeah. Told Firefox NOT to remember my password for login. Thought that might have somehow been the issue. But, nooooo!

Noted this caution on another thread, in login.php this line is set for SSL admin.

zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'SSL'));

Ran a search on my data base and find no reference to the offending string.

So what in the h_l is pointing my browser to a non existent directory? Got to be a lingering pointer to it somewhere, but d_d if I can find it. Hep me, hep me!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes, duplicate-posting of the same issue is poor form. Your threads have been merged.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bigdiogi View Post
    Now when I go to log in to admin, get the log in screen, type in my name and password. When I hit enter, URL field in Firefox reverts to the directory I renamed
    That happens only when the HTTP_SERVER and/or DIR_WS_x and DIR_FS_x paths in the admin configure.php file on the server are pointing to the wrong location.

I know you said you checked that. But, that's the only way it can happen.

... unless you've installed some intrusive admin addon that totally changes how the core system works.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I apologize for my lack of manners. My frustration overcame my reticence. Am a forum newbie, and don't know how to merge threads. Thank you for doing that bit of housekeeping for me.

DrByte, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Was saving the configure file in the wrong path. Your assurance that this MUST be the issue helped me focus and find the problem. At times I am so overwhelmed by my ignorance, I'm SURE the issue must be some esoteric bit of code that baffles me completely.

Most of you with the required knowledge and skills may have no idea how totally intimidating it is to those of us with very limited technical skills to pop open one of these PHP or CSS files and be faced with finding a solution within line after line of incomprehensible functions, statements, and declarations. It can be overwhelming.

Couldn't be done without the helping hand of those with more experience and ability. Appreciate the fountain of knowledge contained in these forums and for the generous contribution of time and effort by so many of you. Thanks again from the bottom of my heart.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Glad you found the cause of the problem! Sometimes it's just a small oversight that can catch you offguard.

I must say, I was delighted that you had done so much thorough research and self-troubleshooting before posting. It certainly made getting the correct answer much easier and faster.

Wishing you well with your store!