Plugin Contributions

Default Finish install... DreamHost 1-click-install- admin not working

Hello,
    I am using a mac, php5, transmit 4 and have uploaded zencart via the DreamHost 1-click-install. Store is working but admin is not.

Questions:
    1. The email I got from the DHrobot says to just delete the zc_install folder, do I need to run that from my browser to finish installing it properly? I went to my /store and entered in all the info so I thought that was running the zc_install program.

2. DHrobot say to 'Enable ssl' only if you have your site up and working. I don't have it up and working but I have the zen cart default site up and running. I left the ssl as false because I don't have a certificate, should I try it with true and then finish the rest of the install and change it back to false?

3. (stupid question) Robot says to go to admin configuration sessions... rerecreate sessions. Is this something I do only when inside the admin area? I haven't been able to get in so obviously I don't know and i can't find it in the code anywhere. (yes I'm a dillbat!)

4. What is the best tutorial to follow if I'm using a 1-click install on a mac? So many are for pcs and as I am usually pretty good at deciphering pc jargon I'm getting a little dizzy with all of this, plus the 1-click install does things in the background that I'm not aware of so I am not sure where to start. Like do I need to rename the dist-configure.php file? do I need to set those permissions to read-only? What other files do I need to set as read-only? Tutorials start from the beginning and 1-click installs jump in somewhere if you know what I mean.

5. Should I just start again? Uninstall and ignore the 1-click install and go through the process again from scratch? I could follow a tutorial right from the beginning that way.

I would love to just get in to my admin to start customizing! Goodness gracious me. I really appreciate your help/comments.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Finish install... DreamHost 1-click-install- admin not working

Just a bit of advice - before proceding any further search the forum for your hosting service - you might want to make a change.

Second - wipe out the 1-click and start from scratch using a manual upload with FTP following the documented installation instructions.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you I appreciate it! Good to hear what other (more experienced) people think I should do.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your input... do you mean re-start Safari? Clear the cache? or Just restart zc_install to those files to modify? Cheers!

Plugin Contributions

Yay!! Just an update to this query, I have got my zen cart site up and working. I wiped out the 1-click install and re-installed it all again following both the zen-cart tutorials (wiki) and the Kerrin Hardy tutorials simultaneously from scratch.

I found that I could crosscheck each step and whichever was worded a little ambiguously in one was easier to understand in the other. I haven't found the clearest set of installation tutorials yet and definitely haven't found one for Mac at all but it's all good I got there in the end and essentially on my own.

Thanks to forums like these and of course the world wide web.