Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Using an Attribute to Carry Computed Price through Checkout

Version 1.3.9h

I have done a lot of searches and can find nothing relating to this in the forums or add-ons; have also checked the eBook. I did find one thread that said the calculation could not be done but I resolved that.

I want my customers to be able to see the final cost of a product before adding to cart; it is a per square inch calculation. I wrote a javascript function that does this using attribute fields for width and height on the actual price of the product (the multiplier) and it populates into an attribute field called Price. Now, since this attribute field carries forward, the calculated price does, too.

I've been able to alter the code for the Shopping Cart page to show the calculated price (carried forward in the attribute value for Price) ex $95.00 instead of the actual (multiplier) product price ($2.25) but when one gets to the the Checkout Payment page, it reverts the price back to $2.25 because it is looking back to the saved price on the products table and not the price being carried forward from the shopping cart.

Can anyone suggest a method to continue to carry the calculated price through the checkout process? I am a bit fuzzy on how to deal with the Shopping Cart Object.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using an Attribute to Carry Computed Price through Checkout

Does the Product Attribute Grid mod in Free Addons not work for you? There is also Chrome's Dynamic Price Updater, though I don't know if those two play nice together, or are both needed.