Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Russian Language characters showing as ????? chars

Hi,

I am working on my russian web site now and It will be completely russian site(no choice of language), admin is in english. The problem is: I can't find php editor, that would show me russian characters. Everything is working perfectly fine in browser, but to edit things, I don't see characters...I use Vista English as my local PC. Tried around 7 editors, that suppose to work with rtf-8 codes, but nothing works, I get this:

Дисконтные карточки

Any help will be appreciated...
    TIA

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Russian Language Pack

And second issue that I faced is I can't get into admin now. I get blank page:-(I just installed Russian as default language and Russian currency, nothing else. As I mentioned before , Russian is only in includes/languages/ ,not in admin...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Russian Language Pack

And another thing I have problem with is if I write russian letters in a description of the product when I add new product into catalog, I get ????? instead of letters. Is there and issue with coding in database? Maybe someone knows how to change it in phpmyadmin?

TIA

Plugin Contributions

Default Russian Language PAck

Hi,

I am working on my russian web site now and It will be completely russian site(no choice of language), admin is in english. The problem is: I can't find php editor, that would show me russian characters. Everything is working perfectly fine in browser, but to edit things, I don't see characters...I use Vista English as my local PC. Tried around 7 editors, that suppose to work with rtf-8 codes, but nothing works, I get this:

Дисконтные карточки

And second issue that I faced is I can't get into admin now. I get blank page:-(I just installed Russian as default language and Russian currency, nothing else. As I mentioned before , Russian is only in includes/languages/ ,not in admin...

And another thing I have problem with is if I write russian letters in a description of the product when I add new product into catalog, I get ????? instead of letters. Is there and issue with coding in database? Maybe someone knows how to change it in phpmyadmin?

TIA
    Ms_X

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Russian Language PAck

Ms,
    Take a look at this tutorial page to read:
    Or the beauty of Zen Cart is look at the Cache Folder in the root directory to find the error log...
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

thanks for response, I have read tute...I am attching an image where read shows that some words are translated ok, some(green) not. I tried all types of charsets,at the moment:

@setlocale(LC_TIME, 'ru.utf8');

define('CHARSET', 'windows-1251');

if i change charset to utf-8, everything is translated to some symbols...I did not create database using utf-8 codding in this case. I have done a new instalation though using this tutorial:

Plugin Contributions

srw2d.com/sites/default/files/utf-8-zen-cartV1.3.8.pdf

But could not change code in query factory, when i changed the code, instalation process did not work...In this case nothing is translated at all even though I have changed everywhere setlocale and charset.I use latest zencart version...:-(

Plugin Contributions

here is the image
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Today I started all new again. Here what I did:

1) Followed the instructions listed here http://www.srw2d.com/sites/default/f...cartV1.3.8.pdf

except of not changing the query_factory.php file but doing this:

Create a new file for it:
    /includes/extra_configures/my_db_charset.php
    Code:

<?php define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf-8');
    2)I have followed all the instructions in the link above and verified that my site was all being sent to the browsers in UTF8, I started to install Russian language pack . After installing the language website was all looking fine and in russian. Then I decided to test if russian characters were being inserted into the database correctly, I created a test category with a russian name (in admin section) but then on the site's catalog side I see this category name listed as a bunch of ?????.

So the question is what to do now? I looked in phpmyadmin, when i see the structure of my database, all the tables collation is set to "latin1_general_ci" and at the end of the list on the last row (where one can see the number of pages) I see in collation field "utf8_general_ci"

And I wanted to ask another(a bit stupid question:-)):

the name my_db_charset.php should be written as my_db_charset.php or instead of my_db the name of my db should be written?

Thanks for replies...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: UTF-8 Zen-Cart Tutorial for v1.3.x

Today I started all new again. Here what I did:

1) Followed the instructions listed here http://www.srw2d.com/sites/default/f...cartV1.3.8.pdf

except of not changing the query_factory.php file but doing this:

Create a new file for it:
    /includes/extra_configures/my_db_charset.php
    Code:

<?php define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf-8');
    2)I have followed all the instructions in the link above and verified that my site was all being sent to the browsers in UTF8, I started to install Russian language pack . After installing the language website was all looking fine and in russian. Then I decided to test if russian characters were being inserted into the database correctly, I created a test category with a russian name (in admin section) but then on the site's catalog side I see this category name listed as a bunch of ?????.

So the question is what to do now? I looked in phpmyadmin, when i see the structure of my database, all the tables collation is set to "latin1_general_ci" and at the end of the list on the last row (where one can see the number of pages) I see in collation field "utf8_general_ci"

And I wanted to ask another(a bit stupid question:-)):

the name my_db_charset.php should be written as my_db_charset.php or instead of my_db the name of my db should be written?

Thanks for replies...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast