Plugin Contributions

help question Not Getting Tools->Admin Menu

When I log into my Admin Account, I do not find the Admin Menu under Tools (as is described in the "What If I lose my Admin Account?" article). If I try to go direct to admin.php, I get the blow-off message (Sorry, your security clearance does not allow you to access this resource. Please contact your site administrator if you believe this to be incorrect. Sorry for any inconvenience). My ID's admin_level is set to 1 (per looking at the record via MySQL) so I should have this authority. What is causing this problem and how do I fix it. The normal admin account had suddenly vanished so I used the above article so I could recreate it but this does not work since I can not access the menu to do the recreation not reset passwords.

HELP.

Thank You.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Not Getting Tools->Admin Menu

Ra,
    Take time to read this thread
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: Not Getting Tools->Admin Menu

Thank you for your quick reply. I downloaded the mod and read it. As a quick and dirty fix (while I take the time to apply it), I just added authority for page 67 to my authorized pages record. I now see the Admin Settings Menu. I will work on doing the real fix this weekend. I will then be able to restore the real Admin user.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Not Getting Tools->Admin Menu

Ra,
    You are most welcome, Glad I could assist you... Good luck on the upgrade..
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Not Getting Tools->Admin Menu

I spoke SLIGHTLY too soon.

I now have access to the Admin Settings menu under Tools but the permissions option (both the button and the box) still yield the Security Error Setting page (denied.php). I am still in quick and dirty mode (ie: Trying to fix the problem via editing the MySQL table) or trying to spot where the code decided to go to that page. Can you throw me another hint? Eventually I plan to compare the code against the mod (which was apparently already installed by the prior admin) so I can verify that I have all of the mod installed. My fear is that the code IS all there and thus my problem is that my ID is missing some authority setting (just like I was not authorized for page=67). I have tested with both Auth=0 and Auth=1 with the same result and that is the only thing that I can think of.

Thanks.