Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal Express Checkout Button Not Showing

I have Paypal Express Checkout only enabled. During Express checkout the Pay with Paypal button is not showing. (This is the shopping cart page) The: back to shopping, estimate shipping, and go to checkout buttons are showing. When I right click the button to see the image URL. I get this URL for the button location:
    Code:
    https://www.paypalobjects.com/WEBSCR-640-20101004-1/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but23.gif
    This URL does not point to any Paypal buttons. This would be the reason the button is not showing.

In the past I did modify the paypalwpp.php file located at: includes/languages/english/modules/payment/ to point to different Paypal buttons (and it has worked over a year just fine). These URL specified on line: 93 are corrent and still point to the buttons that Paypal offers as replacements (I tested them and for this file they point to valid buttons). The URL mentioned in the first paragraph cannot be found anywhere even in the developers toolkit. How can I find this setting? Where this URL came from is beyond me. I am guessing it might be from an update to version 1.3.9.d which I am currently using. Don't know. Any help would be much appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Express Checkout Button Not Showing

What happens if you put the paypalwpp.php language file back to the original version?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Express Checkout Button Not Showing

Great idea, I was thinking of how to approach and I hadn't thought about replacing the custom file with the original. (Since the URL's I had changed still point to valid Buttons)

Anyway, your suggestion worked.

It was in this location: includes/languages/english/modules/payment/MYTEMPLATE. So I just deleted the custom filename folder (MYTEMPLATE) and the only file in the MYTEMPLATE folder was the paypalwpp.php file which I had previously modified.

Although it has been working for some time normally, the developers are not thinking about my custom modifications when the update to a newer version.

Thank you!