Plugin Contributions

bug Internal Error - problem retrieving transaction details. (1.3.9h)

Morning,

So, the last few days I've noticed on a few carts of mine that on occasion, on updating an order - the Admin screen comes back with a red line at the top that reads:

Error There was a problem retrieving transaction details. (Internal Error) 10001

This is not from Paypal - repeat NOT a Paypal error - rather it's internal to ZC.

It hasn't happened on every update, and I've not been able to track down any pattern - yet!

There have been NO modifications to the code on either site for over a month, and there have been many an order and update since then... perhaps a pre- Ides of March bug?

clicking on the 'Admin Home' button and this goes away... If I check the order I just updated, it's fine - the update took, and nothing looks strange. If I update it again, no error...

The sites are on different servers - but both are 1.3.9h Php5

There is NO error log entry on one of the sites for the internal errors, and yet on the other there's one entry from days ago that has:

Call to a member function Execute() on a non-object - line 27 in the init_templates.php

...and no other files or errors listed.

I'm flummoxed... you?

Tag!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Internal Error - problem retrieving transaction details. (1.3.9h)

Quote Originally Posted by Fez-o Joe View Post
    This is not from Paypal - repeat NOT a Paypal error - rather it's internal to ZC.
    Please explain.
    Zen Cart doesn't issue error codes, let alone a 10001 error. PayPal, on the other hand, *does* issue error codes, and 10001 is one of theirs.

Further, if "nothing changed" in the files/code on your server, but only manifests when viewing PayPal orders in your admin, and only just "suddenly" started happening, then how is this a "Zen Cart internal problem"?

PayPal has been having problems with some of their systems in the last couple days. https://www.x.com/community/ppx/system_status

But, much like "500 internal server error" messages from Apache have a "cause" which is only known to Apache, and not disclosed in the public-facing error message, so also PayPal has the "10001 internal error" which is triggered when they have a problem whose details they can't or won't share publicly because it's triggered by their internal systems. Only their techs can see the actual issue details which caused it.

So, flumoxed? Yes ... by your conclusion.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: Internal Error - problem retrieving transaction details. (1.3.9h)

Heh... sarcasm - nice.

Assumption was that since there was no interfacing at the time with Paypal, that it couldn't have been an error from that source.

The only 'update' that was being done was in the orders.php changing the 'Awaiting Shipping' to 'Shipped' - and imagine my surprise that it has to interface back to Paypal to do an internal table update. So, I think you can see my side that I felt it wasn't an external issue.

I stand corrected... feel free to delete the post.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Internal Error - problem retrieving transaction details. (1.3.9h)

That gray table in the middle of your admin order-detail page ... which shows the paypal information for the order ... is drawn from results obtained from PayPal in real time. Hence the need to go out to PayPal to obtain the information for display.
    So, when you update the order status section, which includes drawing all the various parts of that page, that inquiry to PayPal is also done at that same time.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.